1.    #1  
    Uhm, Can I just go get a dial up account at some isp for $9.99/month and have the treo dial in for internet access as appose to paying $12/mb from my carrier?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Who is your carrier? Sprint gives me an unlimited data plan for $7.50 a month.

And, FWIW, the answer to your previous question is no.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
  3.    #3  
    Rogers in Canada... actually, its more than $12/mb..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    From what I understand, it depends on your carrier. I've read some reports on T|C that people have managed to set this up, thereby using only voice minutes for data. Other folks (Verizon subscribers in particular) have said that they get nailed for both voice minutes and data when attempting dial-up. Either way, you'll at least burn voice minutes. Not sure which group Rogers falls into.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    One drawback to doing data via dial-up is that you will not get your calls while connected to the ISP.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    One drawback to doing data via dial-up is that you will not get your calls while connected to the ISP.
    that would be more than fine with me.... IF anyone here knows how to set it up so i can dial into an isp lemme know........ or pm me a link if its not allowed outright

I don't care about burning minutes, or missing calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPGguy
    that would be more than fine with me.... IF anyone here knows how to set it up so i can dial into an isp lemme know........ or pm me a link if its not allowed outright

I don't care about burning minutes, or missing calls.
    Hey, can I get this info as well? I'm with Rogers, and i've got a big bill each month... very expensive.
    - Jeeman