1.    #1  
    Word of advice: never put an E-Grip over a shield (either shieldzone or BSE)... The glue of the E-Grip will not stick to the treo, but it most certainly stick to the Shield.

When comes the time to remove the e-grip, there's glue everywhere!!! I ended up using nail polish remover on the glue. It does come off, but it is veeeerrrryyyy long to scrub the entire surface!

Boy do I hate it when I have "good" ideas like that!
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I'm getting ready to ditch my E-grips and try Shield Zone. I hope SZ provides some sort of slip resistance. My E-grips always start to wear at the point it slips into the Pro-clip dash mount. You can also use goof off to remove the adhesive left over from E-grips. (probably smells better than nail polish remover)
    I just installed the Invisible Shield. It was pretty easy to get on, but I think it took me an hour. I didn't even notice it go by. One thing, when you order it, I'd get a few extra bottles of spray. I bought 1 extra, and almost ran out. I'm not sure on the grippiness of it, since it's "setting" right now and I don't want to mess with it.

On the papers that the shield is on, it had cutouts for the hump on the ear piece and for the camera. I wasn't sure if those were just left over or we were supposed to put them on. I put them on. The hump worked out ok, a bit tricky, and the camera, well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow once it sets. I hope it works, because it looks tricky to get out. For the hump, I'd probably wait until it cures so you don't worry about moving something else around.

I also heard of someone cutting the screen one to go over the 5-way. I think I may try that. Too bad Shield Zone didn't think of it though .
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    I'm getting ready to ditch my E-grips and try Shield Zone. I hope SZ provides some sort of slip resistance. My E-grips always start to wear at the point it slips into the Pro-clip dash mount. You can also use goof off to remove the adhesive left over from E-grips. (probably smells better than nail polish remover)
    The thing is I really like E-Grip, and I really like SZ... except that I guess they don't go well together...

And thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.
    - Jeeman
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781
    I just installed the Invisible Shield. It was pretty easy to get on, but I think it took me an hour. I didn't even notice it go by. One thing, when you order it, I'd get a few extra bottles of spray. I bought 1 extra, and almost ran out. I'm not sure on the grippiness of it, since it's "setting" right now and I don't want to mess with it.

On the papers that the shield is on, it had cutouts for the hump on the ear piece and for the camera. I wasn't sure if those were just left over or we were supposed to put them on. I put them on. The hump worked out ok, a bit tricky, and the camera, well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow once it sets. I hope it works, because it looks tricky to get out. For the hump, I'd probably wait until it cures so you don't worry about moving something else around.

I also heard of someone cutting the screen one to go over the 5-way. I think I may try that. Too bad Shield Zone didn't think of it though .
    I tried installing the hump for the earpiece, but it kept slipping off so I gave up. As for the camera, I didn't dare try it, because I didn't want the pics to look blurry... especially since the camera is not that good.

Good idea for the 5-way, I'll try it out, I still have the remaining pieces.
    - Jeeman