1.    #1  
    Greetings fellow handheld freaks, its been awhile! I've had my 700p and clear case for about two weeks. The case is slim enough that I can still use it with my Treo Central leather belt case that I got for my 600. I've got several questions, so post any faq linls I may have missed.

1) What causes the most battery drain on the 700p?
    Bluetooth?
    Streaming from the web?
    other?

I've had the most issues with both of those.

2) Should my battery compartment cover wiggle at the bottom a little?
    3) Is the plantronics $90 earpiece as good as advertised?
    4) When will BT earpieces deliver ALL Treo audio?
    5) Palm's VoiceDial works very well for me; about 90% accurate with the default settigs. What are other's experiences?
    6) Anyone use an aftermarket cradel/charger? Do you like it?
    7) Is there a way to turn off the display if you're streaming audio only, like from shoutcast.com?

Thanks folks! Good to log on again!
    - slot
    "That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you...."
    I have always kept bluetooth off but streaming does kill the battery much quicker then I believe it should. I just move the brightness slider all the way to the left and it turns the key lights off & screen almost off
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Ohhhh man, your in for alot of reading, you have alot of catching up to do, dont be surprised if sometimes you want to smash your Treo against a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    Ohhhh man, your in for alot of reading, you have alot of catching up to do, dont be surprised if sometimes you want to smash your Treo against a wall.
    Don't be surprised either if at other times you find yourself affectionately fondling your Treo or perhaps propositioning it for intimate relations.

Do be surprised, however, if the cycle between these extremes is repeating on an hourly basis. That's called bipolarism.
    Welcome back Slots. I too effectively rejoined about a year ago after an absence of a couple of years. Its good to be back - the advice and feedback here is as good as ever. I really prize my 2001 join date...

I leave my BT on, but don't use it much - only to occasionally transfer photos to my laptop. I have an aftermarket car charger that is starting to wear out - the connection from just behind the adapter seems to have freyed internally. I am not sure that a Palm branded product would be any better than the Seidio though...

One thing to be very wary of - the audio jack on the Treo 650 and 700 series are a real weak spot - if you buy an adapter to use conventional headphones to use your Treo as an MP3 player you need to be VERY gentle with connection - the leverage of the plug, plus the adapter has a nasty tendency to snap off the connector INSIDE the Treo, making the audio-out useless.

The real question is - how many Handspring Modules do you STILL own?