Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    This is a naive question, but I've noticed that the Treo 700P does some auto completion of text, i.e. replacing isnt with isn't. How does one access the database that it uses?
    ..bump..

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Haven't been able to find any documentation on this feature but have seen it do it's thing.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    That's for Blazer only. Treo autocomplete is something different, although I don't know the rules for it. It seems to like can't, won't, although it never recognizes I'll.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    That's for Blazer only. Treo autocomplete is something different, although I don't know the rules for it. It seems to like can't, won't, although it never recognizes I'll.
    Yeah, I did notice that it won't do I'll. Seems that there aren't many "auto correct" entries in whatever it's using to check typed text.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Yeah, I did notice that it won't do I'll. Seems that there aren't many "auto correct" entries in whatever it's using to check typed text.

is there a program that will do this for you? complete what you start typing? would make it all go so much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Yeah, I did notice that it won't do I'll.
    Probably because "ill" is a word is my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by awerry View Post
    Probably because "ill" is a word is my guess.
    You're right on that one. I've been paying more attention to it and it works rather nicely. don't have to bother with manually typing the apostrophe as much.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    This used to be my problem with the 600, and now with the 650. There is a nifty little file that you can add to either limit or totally prevent the treo from auto-correcting. In the interest of helping out, the file is over at MTDN (if you don't know what MTDN is, then you'll never find the file). Do a search for "autocorrect" in the downloads section. I'm not saying this will work on the 700, mind you, because it was written for the 600 and the 650. But you never know until you try. I just put it in the 650 today and it works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo View Post
    I tried Textplus for a few days. It seemed to slow down my Treo 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman View Post
    I tried Textplus for a few days. It seemed to slow down my Treo 700p.

i looked it up and the user reviews are that it is glitchy. any other such programs out there that work unglitchy on the 700p?
    Textplus adds a bit of overhead to the Treo but mastering the main TextPlus screen, plus paying close attention to the preferences (how many words and/or phrases one wishes to pop up, how many letters one must enter, what apps are to have it enabled, what position the lists are to be placed in etc.) are crucial to getting it to work as it was designed. It's not easily mastered but, depending on the objective, definitely worth the effort. A simpler, faster, and in some ways better program was WordComplete which is no longer being supported and seems to produce double letters on the 700p. Used in some apps TextPlus can be downright annoying.