1.    #1  
    On July 31, Opera released a new version of their browser. It is much improved.
    Link?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Link?
    Sorry about that, use Blazer on your Treo to go to:

http://mini.opera.com/

and download from there.
    yes, Opera has lots of products and different versions - it appears that the version for the Treo is the same, IMO (2.0)
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I just updated mine after seeing this thread. It's a small version update (in terms of version numbering). It now says "v.2.0.4509 20060704"
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I've had this version for some time, at least since July 4th. Still think Opera is very good and rarely resets now. Tried xiino and deleted that and just use Opera and Blazer.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i tried the new version of opera on my 650 and it kept freezing it. that might have been java freaking out though
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Overall I find Opera to be slower. It loads websites much quicker than Blazer but since the phone resets about every 4-6 webpages, the overall time is greater than if I just used Blazer and was patient. While it works if sure is fast though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    I've had this version for some time, at least since July 4th. Still think Opera is very good and rarely resets now. Tried xiino and deleted that and just use Opera and Blazer.
    Yeah, it was July 4th when it was released, not sure where the OP got the 31st from

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=146866
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    For the reset problems, you may want to adjust the settings in Pref->IBM Java VM (all the way down in the "Other" section). In the "IBM Java Preferences" screen, you can either set the parameters globally or just for Opera Mini by checking the boxes of "Use Double Bufferring" and "Use High resolution coordinates" and drag the "Set Memory Maximum" and "Set Maxmimum Java Thread Stack Size" all the way to the right.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Webedc, thanks. Now that I read your comment I remember seeing something previously about JAVA settings. I look forward to trying Opera again with these settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    For the reset problems, you may want to adjust the settings in Pref->IBM Java VM (all the way down in the "Other" section). In the "IBM Java Preferences" screen, you can either set the parameters globally or just for Opera Mini by checking the boxes of "Use Double Bufferring" and "Use High resolution coordinates" and drag the "Set Memory Maximum" and "Set Maxmimum Java Thread Stack Size" all the way to the right.
    That may be for a 700p but for a 650, I found the best settings to be 1mb/4kb.
    Tried using it to access gmail; set Java as above; it froze two times when opening a message. 700P
    Laissez Faire
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yeah, it was July 4th when it was released, not sure where the OP got the 31st from

http://my.opera.com/community/forums....dml?id=146866
    When you go to Tools - Help - About, it says that it is v. 2.0.4719.20060731, so I naturally jumped to the conclusion that is was released on 20060731.
    On the opera website it says that it won't work with Verizon service. Is everyone finding this is true?
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes
    When you go to Tools - Help - About, it says that it is v. 2.0.4719.20060731, so I naturally jumped to the conclusion that is was released on 20060731.
    Okay, I downloaded Opera with Blazer and did get this newer version. Not sure what the changes are, but it seems to be working fine on Verizon. Hopefully more stable, although it has been pretty stable for me lately.

Found this on an Opera forum:

IIRC 2.0.4719 is just a new US build with slightly changed branding, so as far as I know it should basically be identical to 2.0.4509.
    Re-installed Opera browser today via download (from my older version that is about 2 months old. In my opinion, it's much improved. Graphics are cleaner and pages load faster. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust View Post
    Re-installed Opera browser today via download (from my older version that is about 2 months old. In my opinion, it's much improved. Graphics are cleaner and pages load faster. Nice.
    I have a Sprint 650 - what are you running on?
    Seems faster, but still freezes and forces resets...maybe next version, even with JAVA setting changed.
    Charliec
    Quote Originally Posted by eafenyes View Post
    Apologies. You were right, they just didn't have any thread about it in their forum.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."