1.    #1  
    Is anyone aware a small, simple, hopefully free, application with would allow the phone/radio to be turned on/off without using any of the buttons?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    You mean via telepathy or something?

Seriously, though, a bit more info is needed. Do you want it to turn on and off by time of day, after reset, signal strength, or what? There are a bunch of apps out there that do this sort of thing (Profiles, ProfileCare, TOO, TreoHelper, etc.) and a bunch of threads that talk about their features, but which app is best depends on exactly what you want it to do.

Oh, and now that I've been helpful, I'm going to ruin it by pointing out that this thread really belongs in the Palm OS Apps forum, not the 700p forum.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Profiles can turn on and off radio and a whole bunch of other thing automatically in specific time and day of week.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    Look for a program called "Radio Control" It's free and will turn your phone on and off every day at specific times. Hope that helps!
  5.    #5  
    So I’m not the best at this forum thing yet …

I am looking for an application which simply turns the phone/radio on and off.

While each on the applications mentioned so far are great (I already use a couple), they all require either a reset (which takes forever on the 700p) or a timed event to change the phone/radio status.

Does anyone know if there is a stand-alone application which will simply turn the phone/radio on and off?
  6.    #6  
    On second thought, the notion of telepathy is very intriguing! How do I learn?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    on my 650 i use a program called Radio Control

it turns the radio on after a soft reset, but it also allows you to be able to set a time to turn the radio off and back on.

i can't think of any that just turn it on and of like the power button.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz
    On second thought, the notion of telepathy is very intriguing! How do I learn?
    Believe me, I wish I knew!

But back to your original question, you haven't given any indication of when or under what conditions you want the phone to turn on or off. You've made it clear that after reset and at set times do not meet your criteria, but that's the only hint you've given of what your criteria are.

From the info you've provided, I can only think of 4 possible conditions you're looking for:
    • Based on signal strength. If this is it, see TreoHelper.
    • Based on your whim at the time. If this is it, telepathy is the answer, but it seems to be vaporware.
    • Randomly. I hear some Treos do this automatically, but I'm not sure why you'd want yours to.
    • You want it to turn on every time you try to make a call and turn off every time you end a call. If this is it, part 1 is a built-in function, at least on my Sprint 650 (yes, I know this is the 700p forum). For part 2, you have to hang up anyway, so why not just lean on the hang up button for a second? And you do realize this will send all your incoming calls (except for call waiting) straight to voice mail, right? And that you won't be able to use any automatic data functions (like e-mail retrieval)?
    Give me a hint or I give up.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Helix Holster
    So I’m not the best at this forum thing yet …

I am looking for an application which simply turns the phone/radio on and off.

While each on the applications mentioned so far are great (I already use a couple), they all require either a reset (which takes forever on the 700p) or a timed event to change the phone/radio status.

Does anyone know if there is a stand-alone application which will simply turn the phone/radio on and off?
    At specific times?

You do know that pressing and holding the red button will turn the radio on/off manually..

I had to ask because some people did not know that when the Treo 650 came out.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I asked for an app. just like this awhile ago and actually got Mr. Carl Quick (aka Quickster) to develop one. The end product is an app. called "T O O" for Tap On Off.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104766

It's a simple icon that sits in your launcher just like any other app.. All you have to do is tap it to turn the radio on, tap again to turn it off. Nice thing is that you can map any of the mappable buttons to this app. and they act like the red power button.
    I think he is talking about the screen that comes on that says powering radio off and on it take a few seconds sometimes 10 seconds to shut the radio on or off, it doesnt matter wich way you turn the radio off and on, manually thru the red button being pressed for a while or software, the screen is going to be there, no way around that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    I think he is talking about the screen that comes on that says powering radio off and on it take a few seconds sometimes 10 seconds to shut the radio on or off, it doesnt matter wich way you turn the radio off and on, manually thru the red button being pressed for a while or software, the screen is going to be there, no way around that.

No, I think he's looking for the app. I linked to in my post. Read his original post:

Is anyone aware a small, simple, hopefully free, application with would allow the phone/radio to be turned on/off without using any of the buttons?
    I personally would be interested in an app that "cycles" the radio. I.E. a single press both turns it off and then turns it back on. Some have had trouble recieving text messages until the next time the radio is cycled and this would be a marginal fix for that.

I use TreoAlarm (great free program) to turn the radio off and on at a specific time during the night.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    No, I think he's looking for the app. I linked to in my post. Read his original post:
    ... except the bit about "without using any of the buttons" kinda rules out anything manually triggered. I suppose you could technically get to it via touch screen only, but I can't imagine that's OK if buttons aren't.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Helix Holster