1.    #1  
    I saw this link and since I am a 24 addict, I thought it would be cool to have this ringtone on my 700p. I have read all the ringtone threads, but cannot get it to work. I have tried both aac and m4a, but neither will work. I get them in "sounds and alerts", but neither will play. I have seen this "not playing" has been a problem for some. Has anyone figured out why? Any other 24 addicts out there willing to get this to work and guide me?
    Try using minitones it's free.
    I'm not a 24 fan (I've never watched the show) but here you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to both. I tried Minitones and it worked great!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello
    Try using minitones it's free.

How about a link please?

I tried minitones.com but not exactly sure where to go on this site.

Thanks
    holy CRAP, minitones is EXACTLY what ive been lookin for. So far my results arent stellar, but ive been dreaming of this program

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-1053.html
  7.    #7  
    Anyone see how you access the file splitter they talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor
    Anyone see how you access the file splitter they talk about?
    Um, it's built into the app. Select the song you want, and instead of hitting the "ADD" button, tap the "Trim" button instead. takes you right to the part where you trim the song down to the section you want. I always listen to the song in PTunes first to get an idea of the time section I want, since you can't preview your selection before finalizing the ring tone. It does take a lot of trial and error if you want to get your ringtone length EXACTLY as you want it (um, do i obsession much? yeah...LOL), but generally it is worth it.

I get some choppiness in my tones converted through minitones, and I hope that this can be fixed in a future update. But generally minitones rocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I'm not a 24 fan (I've never watched the show) but here you go!
    Ok at the risk of sounded real stupid, exactly how to I get this ringtone onto my Treo 700p?

I've downloaded "minitones" to my laptop and it is set to hotsync. But when I open the zip file of the ringtone there is no prc for me to use.

Obviously, this is my first time doing this.

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    No problem.

Minitones is an app for your Treo that will convert an MP3 audio file to a ringtone format. You won't have a .prc of the ringtone. Go to the original link and download the mp3 audio file (the first one of the two is much better IMHO). Now put that mp3 on your SD card. When you run minitones on your Treo it will search and find your mp3 files. Pick the one you want to add, then at the next screen you will have an option to trim it...
    After unzipping you get a midi file. You don't need any software, minitones or anything for this.

A midi file is the same format used as the built-in ringtones. To get it on the Treo, the best way is to send the file via bluetooth or email it to your Treo. If sent by bluetooth you will be asked to add it to the ringtones database and the same if you click on the attachment in email.

Here is the Palm knowlege base article on adding ringtones. Go to the section on adding midi ringtones:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(19349),ts=Palm_External2001

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Ok at the risk of sounded real stupid, exactly how to I get this ringtone onto my Treo 700p?

I've downloaded "minitones" to my laptop and it is set to hotsync. But when I open the zip file of the ringtone there is no prc for me to use.

Obviously, this is my first time doing this.

TIA
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I heard there was a ringtone from "24" that said something similar to
    "Mr. President, this is Jack Bauer". Anyone seen this one out there?

Thanks.
    I am a Treo 700P VZW ***** and I got it to work, thanks I am a huge 24 fan!
    Howard
    Verizon 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    After unzipping you get a midi file. You don't need any software, minitones or anything for this.

A midi file is the same format used as the built-in ringtones. To get it on the Treo, the best way is to send the file via bluetooth or email it to your Treo. If sent by bluetooth you will be asked to add it to the ringtones database and the same if you click on the attachment in email.

Here is the Palm knowlege base article on adding ringtones. Go to the section on adding midi ringtones:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(19349),ts=Palm_External2001
    Tks bcaslis, that worked for me.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor
    I saw this link and since I am a 24 addict, I thought it would be cool to have this ringtone on my 700p. I have read all the ringtone threads, but cannot get it to work. I have tried both aac and m4a, but neither will work. I get them in "sounds and alerts", but neither will play. I have seen this "not playing" has been a problem for some. Has anyone figured out why? Any other 24 addicts out there willing to get this to work and guide me?
    Wow...that is amazing. I love 24. Can anyone get the sound that they play right before commercials where the seconds are ticking?????
    Now that would be cool!!!!
    bump