1.    #1  
    Recently I started to write text messages heavily. And because Treo is unable to receive delivery notifications itself, I ordered this service from my operator. So now, after each message I sent, a delivery notification from number +79029910000 arrives. It is not convenient for me that the display, after I turn it off when sending SMS, lights up (for 30 secs if I don't power off it manually once again) and I hear an SMS ring tone again. And it is not good for battery. Is there an application which can totally disable visual and sound notification about SMS reception from THAT only number???????

Also I would like a tool which would disable display light on each time a message arrives, sound would be enough.
    Looks like you have similar need as I....

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=122139
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    Recently I started to write text messages heavily. And because Treo is unable to receive delivery notifications itself, I ordered this service from my operator. So now, after each message I sent, a delivery notification from number +79029910000 arrives. It is not convenient for me that the display, after I turn it off when sending SMS, lights up (for 30 secs if I don't power off it manually once again) and I hear an SMS ring tone again. And it is not good for battery. Is there an application which can totally disable visual and sound notification about SMS reception from THAT only number???????

Also I would like a tool which would disable display light on each time a message arrives, sound would be enough.
    Butler can supress SMS pop ups.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    um, so let me get this straight.

You want it to send acknowledgements, but you don't want to receive them....

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    um, so let me get this straight.

You want it to send acknowledgements, but you don't want to receive them....

I think verizon does this automatically. I may be able to do something about it, I'll try something out this weekend. my gf's verizon 650 does this too.

Chupacabra: this number, 79029910000, how did you find it? As far as I've seen for my gf it doesn't pop up on the screen, does it?
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
  6.    #6  
    khaytsus,
    I want to receive aknowledgements but I do not want them to disturb me each time they arrive. I want them to be silent and not to power on the screen. When I doubt whether the msg was delivered I would manually go to messaging app and read the report.

g-funkster,
    I have a GSM unlocked Treo. By default it cannot request delivery reports (can for MMS only) like normal phones. Pop-up screen notification can be disabled in Treo prefs (sounds - messaging - tones), not a problem. I just do not want it to ring and light up the screen when it receives them!!! Where I did get this number... hmm I guess it is some system number of my operator from which I receive delivery reports
    I'd also be interested in this. Verizon does send SMS delievery confirmations automatically.

The problem for me is that I'd like to use Butler to nag me when a new SMS arrives, but if I set it to do that, it also will nag me whenever delivery confirmations are received. It gets way too annoying and I end up not using the Butler nag at all for SMS.