1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

MotipnApps has released their mVoice v5 for Treo with compressed audio. Looks promising and now takes much less space for your recordings.

More Here
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvoice
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Yea, Who Cares?
    10 bucks to upgrade to pretty, I don't think so!
    Buy CallRec, it's a lot better app.

Oh, by-the-way, there is already a Thread on the Release of 5.0.
    Just call me Berd.
    And this isn't the forum.. And Vista? Who cares.
    ouch! Now I remember why I stay away from posting new threads, they really rip ya a new one if you make a mistake (-_-)'. Anyway thanks for the post, glad to see this app and it looks great, can tell it rips off WMP 11 but that's what attracted me to it Gotta give this a try and see about the sound quality.
    Great update! The UI is much better, and the compress feature is useful, even it is not important. As the same recording sample rate, the final file size is about half of CallRec. The sound quality is much better than last version when recording the other side's voice. However, the previous s/n can not be used, and we have to pay more for update.
    I didn't see any advantage over Callrec.....
    Quote Originally Posted by joezhou
    Great update! The UI is much better, and the compress feature is useful, even it is not important. As the same recording sample rate, the final file size is about half of CallRec. The sound quality is much better than last version when recording the other side's voice. However, the previous s/n can not be used, and we have to pay more for update.
    So that's twice in under 12 months that we have been asked to pay for an upgrade.

Can't wait for the next upgrade/re-finance in a few months time
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I just tried the new mVoice, but I'm sticking with Audacity. Even with the mVoice Compression, the files are still 5 times the size of my Audacity files. I am not even using the smallest file size with Audacity. If I did, the figure would be 10 times.

Recording is also just easier with Audacity. Less key strokes and I can record without even looking at the screen or thinking about it.

Also the mVoice one button record is not really one button. First, I need to press the power button to wake up the Treo. Then I need to press the keyguard, and then I need to press the side button. That is three buttons. With Audacity, I can do all of that with a single button press.