1.    #1  
    I searched this, but all of the problems I have found were with Outlook. Ok, I am having a problem synchronizing my new Treo 700p with the Mac version of Palm Desktop (version 4.2.2). I have it setup so that it syncs both the Contacts and Calendar (not overwrite), but it won't sync. My tasks and appear to.

The error log gives:
    Loading “Datebook Conduit”
    Conduit “Date Book” version 3.0.0
    Sync type is Fast
    Date Book did nothing
    Loading “Contacts Conduit”
    Conduit “Contacts” version 3.0.0
    Sync type is Fast
    - The Contacts conduit could not find a Contacts database file on the handheld.
    Please launch the Contacts application on the handheld,
    then perform another HotSync operation.
    Contacts did nothing
    Loading “Calendar Conduit”
    Conduit “Calendar” version 3.0.0
    Sync type is Fast
    - The Calendar conduit could not find a Calendar database file on the handheld.
    Please launch the Calendar application on the handheld,
    then perform another HotSync operation.
    Calendar did nothing
    Loading “Address Conduit”
    Conduit “Address Book” version 3.0.0
    Sync type is Fast
    Address Book did nothing

I tried that, and it is not true. I have been entering Contacts and Caledar events, but they won't sync. And I did verify, both databases do exist.

What might the problem be? I cannot think of anything (and have no intent to hard reset).

Thanks,
    Donald
  2.    #2  
    I fixed it. It turns out I had setup VersaMail from the Verizon CD and then added a fake Exchange account to see what new settings would appear. When i deleted this all of my problems went away!!
    Only my Calendar is merrily not syncing, and I have no strange settings or anything! Recently I missed a very important meeting because Palm simply didn't add it to my desktop.

$%^&!! I am not going to be able to continue to use my Treo if I can't trust it to sync. I'm not using Outlook or anything strange; I have the Palm desktop installed on Mac OSX, which I have been updating according to Apple security recommendations.

Sigh. And double sigh. I really need my Treo to work!!!!
    Does anyone have any suggestions for syncing Mac OS X Palm Desktop calendar with the Treo 700p calendar. The log says sync for all conduits was successful, but none of the items in the Desktop cal get transferred to the Treo. I don't have any software but the standard Palm apps, and conduit is set to synchronize ("Mac updates Palm" doesn't make any diff.)