Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by senor_kabong View Post
    How did you split the map? Is there a utility somewhere that can be used to divide large maps into smaller ones? I would REALLY like to do this but have not been able to find a way...
    Use the DVD and install the specific maps you want to your hard drive. Then copy the folders of the maps you want to your SD card.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600 View Post
    DISLIKES:
    Contact lookup --> .......And forget about it if you have an unusual address in your contacts db like "suite #254" or "apartment 3B". TT cannot process some of these and you're entering the address manually. .....
    I experimented with this a litte. If you have 123 Main Street, suite #254 on one line, it will not process. IF you ahve 123 Main Street, hit enter and have suite #254 on the next line, it will work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    I experimented with this a litte. If you have 123 Main Street, suite #254 on one line, it will not process. IF you ahve 123 Main Street, hit enter and have suite #254 on the next line, it will work fine.
    albertb - thanks for the heads-up. Luckily, I have several contacts entered in the way you suggest works with TT. But I also have many more with the secondary info sharing the main address field. Looks like a job for ezMaintain for a little contact maintenance. Needless hassle but I'll do it. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm entering new contacts that have only a company name with a fake and redundant last name: Company="Cantigy Country Club", Last name="Cantigny". TT of course gets it then.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Cons
    - zip code lookup, but doesn't work right in canada? it lets me search the first 3 of 6alphanumerics of a (canadian) "postal code".. which is useless.

Is it worth the upgrade? Honestly, I cant say at this point. Really a better/newer map was all I really wanted. So far the map has updated streets, but it still contains many mistakes that I found in the last (v567)... I guess I'll need to play w/ it more!
    No, you don't have to play with it. Everything you said is correct but not enough.

1, the USA zip code right here, in the Capitol, doesn't work right either. Pls try to enter 20059 and see what's going on.
    2, Lots of freeze, crash, and error e.g "not enough DB cache..." "Error #1", "Error #2"
    3, if you save TT6 US-Canada map on 4Gb card and running s/th like p-tune or mOcean in the background, TT6 ends up with calcuting route eventhough the distance only 10 miles away Load the regional map helps it boost the speed but mess up the music These make my 4Gb SD useless. With TT5, atleast I can save all the maps and run regional map individually. Now I forced to navigate on the regional map and 2 Gb card. Running the whole USA-Canada map on the 2 Gb card, TT6 always end ups with freezing my Treo when it needed to re-route calculation.

Stay way from TomTom 6, unless they have those bugs fixed.
    I haven't had any freezes with TT6, I have been using it for a week. I have asked it to recalculate route based on traffic, and it has recalculated on it's own based on me going off route. I havent' had a not enough DB cache error or any other errors.

I have my maps loaded on my 4 gig Transcend SD card, with other apps on there. I use the New England map, it's the only one I have loaded on there.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I haven't had any freezes with TT6, I have been using it for a week. I have asked it to recalculate route based on traffic, and it has recalculated on it's own based on me going off route. I havent' had a not enough DB cache error or any other errors.

I have my maps loaded on my 4 gig Transcend SD card, with other apps on there. I use the New England map, it's the only one I have loaded on there.
    1. Have you ever load US-Canda map?
    2. Do you run ptunes at the same time with TT6 (either US-CAN map or New England)?

Tks.
    If I use the software with the GPS offline I dont have any troubles. As soon as I connect the Holux 236 I have it seems like the software becomes extremely unstable. I have tried a hard reset to clear off any junk I may have on the system, but that did not seem to help. It appears to be random resets although if I leave it alone (And dont enter any menus or try and change any preferences,) it will run fine.

It is a little scary...I hope they release an update, currently using 6.00 on a locked Cingular 1.17-CNG custom rom (bloat removed.)
    After following all of these threads about TTP 6, I guess I'm not in such a big hurry to upgrade after all.

My biggest complaints with TTP 5 are the dbcache issues, general instability, and outdated maps. Evidently none of these issues have been addressed satisfactorily, if at all. Certainly not enough to justify another $149 after just 4 months!

All said, when TTP 5 works, it's great. Other times, I want to throw it out of the car window.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    1. Have you ever load US-Canda map?
    2. Do you run ptunes at the same time with TT6 (either US-CAN map or New England)?

Tks.

I use the New Englang map only, I have not used teh US-Canada map. I play songs in pTunes while using tomtom navigation and it runs fine, including when I miss turns and cause the system to reroute.

The problem could be in the size of the map, maybe you should try using a regional map instead.
    I am using TT6 with TT5 maps now. In treo 650, I didn't meet any freezes durint TT6, but lots of resets. I can't use the TT6 with the whole USA maps at all (Loading fine, then reset). Sometimes even can't be loaded because of "not enough dynamic heap space" or "not enough DBCACHE".

Stay away from it until TOMTOM has a fix for it.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  11.    #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    I am using TT6 with TT5 maps now. In treo 650, I didn't meet any freezes durint TT6, but lots of resets. I can't use the TT6 with the whole USA maps at all
    Have you tried using TT6 maps from the DVD? You should be able to load regional or state maps that are similar in size to the TT5 maps but with more up to date streets and POIs.
    The only problems I've had with TT6 are the startup "not enough DBcache", and a non-specific/general error while routing.

The first is because I've scheduled Resco Backup to run at 5 every morning and that leaves the DBcache with about 700KB free. It supposedly has options to flush the DBcache, but they seem non-functional. I work around this my running MemInfo and flushing the DBcache there before running TomTom.

I found the second message was due to my running UDMH. Since I configured UDMH to disable itself for TomTom, I've had no more problems.
    Received an e-mail from Tomtom today. Touts Nav 6. No price. Not availble from TomTom. "In the box" shows a gps receiver included.

Given the date, I had hoped for something else. Palm and its games. Does anybody agree with Palm that these exclusivity deals are good?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I use the New Englang map only, I have not used teh US-Canada map. I play songs in pTunes while using tomtom navigation and it runs fine, including when I miss turns and cause the system to reroute.

The problem could be in the size of the map, maybe you should try using a regional map instead.

Tks for your reply. Right now I have to run regional maps. The only one reason I upgrade from TT5 to TT6 within least than a year is the whole USA-Canada map, not the regional maps. I guess that I've thrown more money out of window.

Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    ... You should be able to load regional or state maps that are similar in size to the TT5 maps but with more up to date streets and POIs.
    There is no state maps. Up to date streets means 2 years behind.

Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron
    I am using TT6 with TT5 maps now. ...
    Stay away from it until TOMTOM has a fix for it.
    TT6 engine doesn't do much better than TT5 engine, so it doesn't make sense if you run that way. Stay away from it? Yeah, but at least, after some users like you and I already bought it and post some comments here.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg_oz View Post
    Resco Backup ... supposedly has options to flush the DBcache, but they seem non-functional.
    Of course, once a certain ***** user finds the right checkboxes, everything becomes quite functional! I could probably ditch MemInfo now...
    Of course, once a certain ***** user finds the right checkboxes, everything becomes quite functional! I could probably ditch MemInfo now...
    Where is the option in Resco Backup?
    Under the menu: Project > Schedule > Advanced. So far I've just ticked "Flush DBCache". I haven't worked out the effect of "Prevent DBCache fragmentation".
    Under the menu: Project > Schedule > Advanced. So far I've just ticked "Flush DBCache". I haven't worked out the effect of "Prevent DBCache fragmentation".
    Thanks. I will give those a try. I may even resort to the Reset option.
    What version of Resco Backup do you have? I don't have the Advanced Option on mine... I'm at 1.35.1. Guess I'm off to palmgear...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv View Post
    Tks for your reply. Right now I have to run regional maps. The only one reason I upgrade from TT5 to TT6 within least than a year is the whole USA-Canada map, not the regional maps. I guess that I've thrown more money out of window.
    What kind of SD card are you using and what is the VFS speed of it? That's the last thing I can think of, obviously card speed affects searching routes on maps on the card.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast