Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied View Post
    Navigator 6 is on a dedicated card, correct?
    As sold by Palm. However, it looks as though as sold by TT the software will be delivered on a DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am planning to create my own bundle using the NAVIGATOR 6 stand alone software for $149 and the Holux GR 236 on ebay for $80. My the total would be $230 which is a $69 savings over the Palm unit.

This looks like a nice combination that should be available next month.
    Competitive. However, in comparing the offerings, one should note that the Palm package includes the mount, the power cord that charges both devices, and the 1G SD Card. The Holux comes with a USB power cord and both a 12V and a 110 plug.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek View Post
    This is the only response I've gotten from Tomtom regarding upgrading from version 5 to 6:

Unfortunately, if you purchased your package through Palm, you will need to contact them regarding upgrade options that may be available to you. We anticipate that NAVIGATOR 6 will be available in the US in early October 2006 through TomTom. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Not very promising, eh?
    No, it isn't. However, at least it will be available at a price. I hate the Palm strategy of making things available only as part of a bundle. I will gladly pay for TT6 but do not want to pay for a GPS that I do not need in order to get it.
    I am planning to create my own bundle using the NAVIGATOR 6 stand alone software for $149 and the Holux GR 236 on ebay for $80. My the total would be $230 which is a $69 savings over the Palm unit.
    Have you seen anything specific on the price for software only? Since I already have a receiver (Seidio), I am looking at an even bigger price difference.

John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhboyd View Post
    Have you seen anything specific on the price for software only? Since I already have a receiver (Seidio), I am looking at an even bigger price difference.

John
    Yes. The TT press release said $149- for the software only on DVD. It was silent on any upgrade for those who have already purchased TT5. I do not know what their policy was when going from 4(?) to 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Competitive. However, in comparing the offerings, one should note that the Palm package includes the mount, the power cord that charges both devices, and the 1G SD Card. The Holux comes with a USB power cord and both a 12V and a 110 plug.
    I have a Proclips mount for my car along with a 4GB SD card and a few readers. So I am happy to give up the Palm extras in exchange for a lower price. I will need a two headed charge cable that can handle the Treo and Holux units at the same time.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I have a Proclips mount for my car along with a 4GB SD card and a few readers. So I am happy to give up the Palm extras in exchange for a lower price. I will need a two headed charge cable that can handle the Treo and Holux units at the same time.
    A splitter from Radio Shack may be easier. The Holux comes with a cable. Palm still manages to charge extra for a 12v cord for the Treo. Do they own Seidio?
    A splitter from Radio Shack may be easier. The Holux comes with a cable. Palm still manages to charge extra for a 12v cord for the Treo. Do they own Seidio?
    I have a car charger for my Treo. A cig lighter splitter would be ok, but a bit bulky. I would like to have a wire with USB connector wired to where ever the GPS receiver will be placed. If it truely works from the glove box that would be a very nice setup.

I dont think Palm has any financial connection to Seidio.
    This cable claims to do the trick for charging the Holux receiver and Treo 650
    http://www.semsons.com/opcabforholb.html
    This cable claims to do the trick for charging the Holux receiver and Treo 650
    http://www.semsons.com/opcabforholb.html
    Thanks, again. I ordered it. Semson's accepts PayPal.
    Thanks, again. I ordered it. Semson's accepts PayPal.
    Let us know how that cable works for you. It looks a little short between the Treo and GPS.
    Let us know how that cable works for you. It looks a little short between the Treo and GPS.
    I thought about that. I put the Treo and the Holux close together.
    any idea if they make one of those for the globalsat gps?
  14. Tdc
    i have been using TT6 for a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty happy, lots of soft resets (2-5+ per day) also getting a "db cache" memory error that doesn't allow TT6 to open but is fixed with a soft reset. Tech support says there is a patch to fix this if it persists (ask for level 2 tech support).

For the most part it has gotten me where I needed to go and is hard to beat for ease of use and functionality.

I have yet to figure out how to keep it from asking you to "turn on Bluetooth" every 5 seconds (literally) when you are using the software but don't need to be connected to the gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdc View Post
    i have been using TT6 for a couple of weeks now and I'm pretty happy, lots of soft resets (2-5+ per day) also getting a "db cache" memory error that doesn't allow TT6 to open but is fixed with a soft reset. Tech support says there is a patch to fix this if it persists (ask for level 2 tech support).

This is the same damned reason I've been forced to downgrade from 5.201 to 5.12. I can't believe they've released version 6 with the same glitch! Is the patch something that is downloadable from their public site?
    I would not accept 2 to 5 resets per day. What software are you running on the Treo?

I have not had dbcache problems since updating my Treo software to 1.20-ENA and firmware to 1.71

Blocktek - which problem are you seeing? Turn on BT or lots of resets
    I would not accept 2 to 5 resets per day. What software are you running on the Treo?

I have not had dbcache problems since updating my Treo software to 1.20-ENA and firmware to 1.71

Blocktek - which problem are you seeing? Turn on BT or lots of resets
    Using 5.12, I'm still seeing periodic resets (though I can usually avoid them by using MemInfo). I was having the dbcache problems VERY often (and not always solveable with a soft reset) with 5.201.

I've always had the issue with running TTN 5 without enabling bluetooth (constant prompts). Also, if I have the phone off, it will reactivate whenever I launch TT. Frustrating when I don't want to be reached.

I am using 1.20-ENA fw 1.71 also.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Not sure if he is right, I ordered anyway for my 700P. We are going to Italy for 3 weeks in Oct. and I know the phone won't work (I'll borrow back my daughter's GSM 650 for communication) but I can turn off the phone and enable BT to connect with the receiver. If he is wrong, I'll probably return it. Anybody know if that is correct info?
    Thx,
    Jeff

I apologize if that was covered in the thread, didn't have time to read the whole thing.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by nptski View Post
    I apologize if that was covered in the thread, didn't have time to read the whole thing.
    The Palm and the Tomtom US site say that maps of US & Canada are included. I doubt that Europe is included but you can probably download current maps for the cities you need from Tomtom's Plus site.
    http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=10&Language=4
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have TT5 with the MKII gps. I will be upgrading the software as soon as I can. Does anyone know if the new Holux reciever will have any advantages over the MKII receiver with TT6?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast