Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    gruswitz: If TT6 works like TT5, you will only be able to use it on one device. When you first try to use it you have to get an activation code. That code is device specific and if you request a second, they deactivate the first.
    I read in one of the reviews that you can register TT6 on two devices.
  3. Tdc
    I picked mine up yesterday only to find that it did not include the "Product Code" which is supposed to be printed on the DVD sleeve or included on a "Product Code Card". The DVD sleve was blank and there was no card. I recommend checking for this 15 digit number before leaving the store. No Product Code - No working TT6. It does look good and GPS receiver picked up signal quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdc View Post
    I picked mine up yesterday only to find that it did not include the "Product Code" which is supposed to be printed on the DVD sleeve or included on a "Product Code Card". The DVD sleve was blank and there was no card. I recommend checking for this 15 digit number before leaving the store. No Product Code - No working TT6. It does look good and GPS receiver picked up signal quickly.
    Where did you get it at? I thought you could only get it on the Palm Website.
  5. Tdc
    They have them at the Palm retail stores in DC. Check the palm/us site for retail store locations.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if TT6 will be tied to a specific device? If I register it on my 650 next week, will I be able to use it on a new Treo (750?) in six months?
    FWIW, my Treo 650 has a hotsync name of T600 <g> - was just easier to not bother changing it when I upgraded last time. I don't actually every "hotsync" anymore. I backup to my SD card, wirelessly sync my email/address book/phone with my GroupWise Mobile Server, and install programs from SD.

Now, one thing I haven't seen yet (and forgive me if I've missed it), is how much internal memory does this package require? I'm hoping for a GSM t700/750/whatever with more space simply cause I'm running out!

Thanks.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I really did navigate from Monterey, CA to Stamford, CT without changing maps. However, the map that I used is US major roads and highways. This map only includes streets and POIs that are close to the major roads. While it meets the requirement, it is a far cry from having a single integrated map for the whole US.
    Using the same map that I use for day to day local navigating in the San Francisco Bay Area, I travelled to Las Vegas the other day. I was able to navigate on the neighborhood street level. There are maps called "Major Cities of US and Canada (237 mb)" and "Major Roads of US and Canada (84 mb)" on the DVD but I am using the "United States of America (928 mb)" map.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek View Post
    Using the same map that I use for day to day local navigating in the San Francisco Bay Area, I travelled to Las Vegas the other day. I was able to navigate on the neighborhood street level. There are maps called "Major Cities of US and Canada (237 mb)" and "Major Roads of US and Canada (84 mb)" on the DVD but I am using the "United States of America (928 mb)" map.
    Interesting. On my 1G card I do not have room for that map; may be why I overlooked it. Would be worth moving to a 2G card. However, TT is locked to my card and resists all attempts to move it to another.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris View Post
    Map database are not fool proof.
    My husband has a Garman PPC version - and it must have been programmed in the UK - because it always directs us to go the wrong way around the round-about that we live on when we are going home. Maybe that's why some of our neighbors drive the wrong way - and I though it was cause they were too impatient to take the additional 2 seconds to go the proper direction

All of these are prone to error - it just depends on how much error you are willing to put up with, and which manufacturer has "your spots" right

Danita
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    TT is locked to my card and resists all attempts to move it to another.
    Hmmm - this is an annoyance that I'm not sure I'd like. I back up my SD card to my computer routinely so I'll have a backup of my data, but I use my SD card for a lot of things - MP3s, ChatterMail email, etc. Are you saying that the 1GIG card that they send with TT is the only one you can use for the map software?

Danita
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz View Post
    Hmmm - this is an annoyance that I'm not sure I'd like. I back up my SD card to my computer routinely so I'll have a backup of my data, but I use my SD card for a lot of things - MP3s, ChatterMail email, etc. Are you saying that the 1GIG card that they send with TT is the only one you can use for the map software?

Danita
    I assume both whmurray and blocktek are talking about experiences with Navigator 5. Neither one has said they got the new Palm kit. It's kind of confusing since they are posting on a Navigator 6 thread.

Danita
    I am sure I read a review recently where the person said they copied TT6 to a 2GB SD card. Maybe a distinction between "copying" and "moving"?

Danita
    No, I am saying that TT 5 is locked to the first card that I installed it on. A copy of it will not work if that card is not in the slot.
  14. Tdc
    Picked up new bundle - this time checked for product code sticker on the DVD before leaving the store. Set up went pretty smoothly but had to use the "manual" setup because "automatic" kept going into crazy TomTom Plus option and then not setting up (yes I do have a data plan so who knows why it didn't work). You need to have access to the internet to get an activation code via "manual" set up. Once this was done it was pretty much plug-n-play. Have not gone anywhere yet but did plan my route for my next vacation.

The navigator shows up as taking up 74k when I check treo memory.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    The navigator shows up as taking up 74k when I check treo memory.
    Thanks - I still have that much left <g>. I might have to look at getting this - where did you pick up your bundle rather than ordering from Palm?

Danita
    Thanks - I still have that much left <g>. I might have to look at getting this - where did you pick up your bundle rather than ordering from Palm?

Danita
    "They have them at the Palm retail stores in DC. Check the palm/us site for retail store locations."
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    "They have them at the Palm retail stores in DC. Check the palm/us site for retail store locations."
    Ah - none in Colorado - okay - thanks!

Danita
  18.    #98  
    A bit off topic but Tomtom recently announced that Tomtom One will soon be available in North America.
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/featu...259&Language=4

Looks like a nice alternative for folks that don't carry a PDA phone. It also has the maps included on an SD card.
    A bit off topic but Tomtom recently announced that Tomtom One will soon be available in North America.
    http://www.tomtom.com/products/featu...259&Language=4

Looks like a nice alternative for folks that don't carry a PDA phone. It also has the maps included on an SD card.
    Nice alternative to the Garmin Nuvi at $300 off of Nuvi list price. However, it is still not price competitive with TT 6 on the Treo.
    I assume both whmurray and blocktek are talking about experiences with Navigator 5. Neither one has said they got the new Palm kit. It's kind of confusing since they are posting on a Navigator 6 thread.
    Yes, we are referring to version 5. Several threads were merged, but our conversation started out as a comparison of issues we hoped had been resolved in version 6.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast