Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    just got the TT6 for my 700p. Wow! Plug & play...it works! (unlike the nightmare of trying to get TT5 to work)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIN
    just got the TT6 for my 700p. Wow! Plug & play...it works! (unlike the nightmare of trying to get TT5 to work)
    Great, give us some details, since some of the posters feel that all the rave reviews (3 so far that I can find) are biased or palm lapdogs.

Is it a life changing experience?
    Spin, How about some screenshots? Are you a previous TT5 user or are you new to TT?
    Thanks.
  4. Tdc
    I found this link on Treonauts.com and thought that it would be of interest to some here

http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...v_3263_GSG.pdf

It's the short guide to starting up TT Nav6 on a Treo
    i originally bought the TT5 navigator bundle from treocentral because they had it listed as "compatible with the 700p" which definitely wasn't true for me. installing TT5 was a complete nightmare. i somehow got it installed, then starting getting some errors. TomTom's response was "sorry, it's not compatible with the 700p" I returned the TT5.

Just got the TT6 from Palm (with a little credit from Palm buy back) inserted the SD card, registered, and it worked.

I havent played with all the features yet, but it did what it's supposed to...I entered an address and it got me there. I also tried it while on a call and the navigation worked, but no voice directions.

still gotta play with it some more. so far, it looks like Palm got it right with this bundle.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Any word on when or if maps of Italy will be available?
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    1) Does anyone know much about the Holux GPSlim 236 that may be included in this bundle. I read that receiver has quality problems.

2) What receiver is included with the TT 5 bindle.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    If you want to buy TT6, palm is only place you can buy now. If you want to TT5, DON'T buy from Palm, b/c TT5 sold by palm is disabled.

1. Holux 236 is included in the TT6 bundle. http://www.holux.com/product/search....el=grandsonson
    2. Holux 230 is included in the TT5 bundle. http://www.holux.com/product/search....el=grandsonson
    I want to upgrade my TT5 on my 650 to TT6 if the upgrade has the following:

1. Updated maps
    2. Fix the dbcache problem.

It would also be nice if the upgrade fixes the following minor issues:

3. An option to skip the "I agree" screen when opening the app; and
    4. An option to automatically end navagation when the destination is reached. As it is now, I have to cancel my route every time I reach my destination or TT5 keeps trying to keep me at the old destination.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    [/QUOTE] it looks like Palm got it right with this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right. "palm" will never. This was done by Tom Tom!
    Palm is only bending you over!
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    1) Does anyone know much about the Holux GPSlim
    I will never ever buy something as cheap and lousy as a Holux in my life. I had hell with one which I had to return. The hoops I had to jump would have made Shamu proud. I had to call/correspond to a company in Taiwan, and ....!
    Never again. Just give me the software and I will find a GPS.
    1) Does anyone know much about the Holux GPSlim 236 that may be included in this bundle. I read that receiver has quality problems.

2) What receiver is included with the TT 5 bindle.

Thanks.
    I have purchased two HOLUX 236s. Bought the second because I was pleased with the first. Both are great. Sync times is short; battery life long. I also have an iTrek. BT is the way to connect a GPS to Treo.
    On the contrary I've had nothing but good things to say about the holux 236. It has quite a flexible design in such that
    - you can use it as either a BT gps receiver or a mouse via USB cable
    - you can upgrade its FW
    - it uses a nokia-style rechargable li-ion batt, so aftermarket is abundant

Where it can be better:
    - competitors have better power-saving features (such as auto-off). this maybe a good/bad thing.. for me its not something i wanted (i mount it hidden in my car)

Known issues:
    - older firmware had time-to-fix issues. If you buy from some ebay vendors they may send you a unit w/ outdated fw. you'll either need a special serial-usb cable to update the FW, or send it to holux (which may be troublesome)
    - if ppl mess around with advanced settings (sirf modes, baud settings) they may run into problems connecting via BT.. again resolvable if u have a serial-usb cable.

If I had to buy again i would definitely consider holux again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    I will never ever buy something as cheap and lousy as a Holux in my life. I had hell with one which I had to return. The hoops I had to jump would have made Shamu proud. I had to call/correspond to a company in Taiwan, and ....!
    Never again. Just give me the software and I will find a GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife
    .......I know that is a huge bummer for those of us who already own a BT GPS receiver but that's big business for ya.
    That is not "big business:" that is Palm. No one else that I do business with yanks me around this way. Don't you get tired of Palm and all its games?
    I purchased the TT5 bundle from Palm on June 16. I've made no secret of my problems with the version 5 software. I've got emails in to Tomtom regarding an upgrade, but have gotten no response. Any idea where I can email/call Palm to find out about upgrading? Somehow I doubt that I'm going to get any satisfaction, but most other software companies will offer at least a discount towards the new version to owners of the previous. In this case, they sold me version 5 when 6 was already in the pipeline. Don't even get me started on the better GPS module. All tech support questions about the bundle on Palm's site are routed back to Tomtom. Since Tomtom is not even selling 6 yet, I think my beef is with Palm.
    TomTom's support is a f&cking joke. I really hope someone comes along and knocks them down to size - maybe Garmin? I have owned some form of TomTom since the very first unit and the maps are as sh&tty now as they were back then and the support actually just gets worse by the day.
    The bundle seems like a good package. Unfortunately, if the TT maps stink then this package is not very useful. I have a vehicle with a mfg installed NAV with a set of crappy NAVTEQ maps and if TT has worse maps then I will surely be disappointed.
  18.    #78  
    The bundle seems like a good package. Unfortunately, if the TT maps stink then this package is not very useful. I have a vehicle with a mfg installed NAV with a set of crappy NAVTEQ maps and if TT has worse maps then I will surely be disappointed.
    There are problems with all map databases and TT Nav 5 (Tele Atlas) may have had more than it's share, but it is still very usable in all but a very few instances. From the reviews, it appears that TT has significantly updated their map and poi databases so I will probably get an TT nav 6 update whenever one is made available to current users. If I were starting from scratch, I would likely just get the Palm GPS package with Nav 6 because I don't believe any competitors can "yet" matched the TT functionality on Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by blocktek
    Hmmm...granted, I haven't actually done this in real time, but if I use the "Advanced Planning" feature, and plot a map from San Francisco to New York, it'll preview the route all the way through, without prompting me to change maps. In fact, there is only one map on my card, titled "United States". I know this was a problem with earlier versions. I'm using 5.12, with the maps that shipped with 5.2. Are you using the maps that shipped with version 4 or 5?
    I really did navigate from Monterey, CA to Stamford, CT without changing maps. However, the map that I used is US major roads and highways. This map only includes streets and POIs that are close to the major roads. While it meets the requirement, it is a far cry from having a single integrated map for the whole US.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I don't know for sure but I imagine you will not have a problem moving it to another supported device. You could do this with TomTom5 by re-registering through the Treo or TomTom website. What you cannot do is have it running functional on two devices at the same time. TomTom also limits the number of times you can switch devices within a year, but you can contact them to have that waived if necessary.
    I was thinking of sharing this SD card and GPS receiver between my Treo700p and my wife's. Are you saying that I will have to contact TomTom for a waiver every time I switch between the two devices?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast