Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Is there an upgrade path for Nav5 customers? I remeber old Nav4 owner could get a free upgrade for Nav5.
    If it were software only, then it might be possible. However, 6.0 seems to come on an SD. Not likely that they will give you a 1G SD for free.
    I do that all the time, playing music and using TomTom at the same time. I did that on my 650 and now my 700p. The audio is connected to speakers in the car. The music plays, and before the turn TomTom voice will also speak up.

The only problem is the lowest TT voice is still higher than 70% of pTune volume. I have to set TT to lowest voice volume, pTunes to highest and high on my car speaker.
    OK, so it seems from all you boardies that playing mp3/ptues and using Tomtom at the same time works. This may be a dumb newbie question, but if the maps are on 1 sd card and your mp3's are on another card how does this work. Can you take the maps on the 1 gig sd card and export them to the 4 gig sd card where all the mp3 files are stored?
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson54
    I thought with the Treo 700p/ptunes and a 4gig sd card, I was finally going to be able to eliminate carrying around two devices (Treo and Ipod, plus 2 headsets, plus 2 different chargers). Now I'll need 3 devices (Treo, Ipod, GPS, 2 headsets, 3 chargers).
    Wrong about the number of chargers. The charger that comes with this bundle charges BOTH the Treo and the GPS unit simultaneously. And, per the other posts in this thread, apparently wrong about needing the iPod also.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    LOL.

That is not even the question. Will they be able to update without buying another GPS receiver? If so, when?
    They did offer it to Nav4 owners for Nav5. Check the old posts. I don't remember the detail.
    OK, so it seems from all you boardies that playing mp3/ptues and using Tomtom at the same time works. This may be a dumb newbie question, but if the maps are on 1 sd card and your mp3's are on another card how does this work. Can you take the maps on the 1 gig sd card and export them to the 4 gig sd card where all the mp3 files are stored?
    TomTom binds to the SD Card. When they ship the SD Card, I expect the bind to be very tight. The advantage will be ease of installation and setup at the expense of being tied to the card. In other words, it seems unlikely that one can copy the TomTom (1G) card to another (4G) card and expect it to work. It also seems likely that TomTom will need most of its card and there will be little room on it for MP3s.

How about copying MP3s from your 4G SD card to primary storage?
    I would imagine so, but this bundle just came out so no one knows for sure. I put my TomTom5 maps on a 2gb card, along with dvd's & music. When I get a 4gb card I'll just move the maps over and have more room for the other stuff.
    You can copy the maps to a different SD card. Check the new mobility podcast (#74) they talked about the TT6 for quite a bit.

The funny thing is the guy can't use TT and music at the same time with 700w, and the other guy couldn't do it for his iPaq 65XX either, due to the intensive resource demand of TT. Yet we can do it on 650 and 700p. So much for the multitasking OS.
    I believe it also comes with a DVD containing maps like 5 (but on CDs) did. The SD card is just included for convenience.
    You can copy the maps to a different SD card. Check the new mobility podcast (#74) they talked about the TT6 for quite a bit.

The funny thing is the guy can't use TT and music at the same time with 700w, and the other guy couldn't do it for his iPaq 65XX either, due to the intensive resource demand of TT. Yet we can do it on 650 and 700p. So much for the multitasking OS.
    Got a link???
    My thoughts? I wish I'd waited a month before buying. Hrmmm. I've had to downgrade to version 5.12 to solve the many issues I was having with 5.2.

Any idea when Navigator 6 will be available as an upload?

How does the device differ from the one that was shipping last month (besides the obvious cosmetic differences)?
    Last edited by blocktek; 08/16/2006 at 03:47 PM.
    I wish I'd waited a month before buying. Hrmmm. I've had to downgrade to version 5.12 to solve the many issues I was having with 5.2.

Any idea when Navigator 6 will be available as an upload?

How does the device differ from the one that was shipping last month (besides the obvious cosmetic differences)?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I've been eyeing the Garmin Muvos and the new x10 series TomToms for awhile, only because I thought version 5 was a bit long in the tooth. now I'm pretty stoked about this, it's like $200-some bucks cheaper!
    They finally have the entire United States on one whole map.
    Quote Originally Posted by edwinsneller
    They finally have the entire United States on one whole map.

Version 5 did that already. Or are you including Hawaii and Puerto Rico?
    No. Version 5 wouldn't let you navigate from New York to Los Angeles without switching maps.
    You just need to install national road map (77MB) or national road map w/major cities. (200+MB)
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Go over to PalmInfocenter for my review of the product.

TT6 is a huge improvement over TT5, especially on the 700P. It has better performance, more features, nicer aesthetics, and updated/more comprehensive base maps. The dreaded BT crash bug is fixed as well. And yes, you can drive coast to coast without having to load a new map region.

Having everything on a single DVD is a huge improvement as well as being able to install directly to an SD card via a card reader.

Palm and TomTom have an exclusive agreement that Navigator 6 will initially be available ONLY as part of this bundle. I know that is a huge bummer for those of us who already own a BT GPS receiver but that's big business for ya.
    Hmmm...granted, I haven't actually done this in real time, but if I use the "Advanced Planning" feature, and plot a map from San Francisco to New York, it'll preview the route all the way through, without prompting me to change maps. In fact, there is only one map on my card, titled "United States". I know this was a problem with earlier versions. I'm using 5.12, with the maps that shipped with 5.2. Are you using the maps that shipped with version 4 or 5?
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast