Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Tks for your discussing. VFS mark doesn't make sense this case either.

Rightnow, I have to run TT6 regional maps on Sandisk Ultra 2 with p-tunes on background. My card VFS mark posted here post #11.

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    What version of Resco Backup...
    Resco Backup 1.40. Also you can flush DB manually. Go under menu: Options>Ram Info>Flush Dbcache or simply press "i" under menu.
    Last edited by treoluv; 09/29/2006 at 04:30 PM.
    I have a Treo 650 running Navigator 6. Treo 650 on Tmobile network running internet with Tzones. I have not been able to run the Plus services. Has anyone been able to use the wireless services from Tomtom?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnavas View Post
    I have a Treo 650 running Navigator 6. Treo 650 on Tmobile network running internet with Tzones. I have not been able to run the Plus services. Has anyone been able to use the wireless services from Tomtom?
    I've used all of the wireless services with TomTom 5. You need to register for an account on the website and then use Traffic.
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Quote Originally Posted by nnavas View Post
    I have been using TT6 for 3 weeks with the PLUS service with little issue on the Sprint network. I think it's a try before you buy deal but the documentation is so poor that I am not really sure. I know it works and works well, accurrate and up to date. If it does cease at some point I would give it serious consideration as a pay service. One mans' opinion.
    MRL-MO
    I tried copying everything from the TomTom SD card to an Oxy 4 gig card and for some reason the voices will not work. Every time it starts up it puts a copy of the voices folder outside of the navigator folder I created and cannot find any of the voices. Has anyone experienced this? I called Tom Tom support and they told me I can't use a 4 gig card, that only 2 gigs are supported. Does this make sense?
    Does the voices folder not sit in the root by default? If im not mistaken you would need to mimick the original SD card directory/file structure on your new SD card. That means placing the voices folder (and everything else) in the root directory. I know, this clutters everything..
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Comatose View Post
    Does the voices folder not sit in the root by default?
    On Nav5, the voice files are in the TomTom folder on the SD.

Quote Originally Posted by idoc View Post
    I called Tom Tom support and they told me I can't use a 4 gig card, that only 2 gigs are supported. Does this make sense?
    NO. Others have reported success in using a 4GB card. What model Treo are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by idoc View Post
    I tried copying everything from the TomTom SD card to an Oxy 4 gig card and for some reason the voices will not work. Every time it starts up it puts a copy of the voices folder outside of the navigator folder I created and cannot find any of the voices. Has anyone experienced this? I called Tom Tom support and they told me I can't use a 4 gig card, that only 2 gigs are supported. Does this make sense?
    I am using a 4 gig card just fine with tomtom 6. I didn't copy the original card to my 4 gig, instead I plugged it into an SD card reader and ran the program on the DVD that comes with Tomtom. That has an option to load the software on a different SD card and then load whichever maps you choose. I haven't had any problems, maybe you should try this method.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I'm running TT6 on my Treo 700p and using a Transcend 4GB card with no difficulties. I have the North America maps (1.2 GB) loaded and it works wonderfully. I had TT5 with individual US State maps. This was a pain when driving in the northeast, since you had to switch maps once you crossed state lines. Now, no more map switching. TT6 does seem to take longer starting up and connecting with the GPS receiver, but updated POIs make all the difference.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter View Post
    I'm running TT6 on my Treo 700p and using a Transcend 4GB card with no difficulties. I have the North America maps (1.2 GB) loaded and it works wonderfully. I had TT5 with individual US State maps. This was a pain when driving in the northeast, since you had to switch maps once you crossed state lines. Now, no more map switching. TT6 does seem to take longer starting up and connecting with the GPS receiver, but updated POIs make all the difference.
    Thanks for the report. Can you tell me what other apps you are running. How much free memory do you have before and after running tomtom. My Treo is pretty maxed out so I am worried about Treo crashes if I run TT6.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hi,

I bought TT6 for my IPAQ, and I have the Canada-Usa map, but its too large (800MB+) for my mini-sd. I know of no way to split up Canada and Us.

I would like a map of ONTARIO ONLY to save space. Does anyone have one? If not then perhaps only Canada?

Let me know if you have one of these and perhaps I can send you the bigger one.

Thanks a bunch,

Albert.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    you should be able to load the canada map by it's self from the tomtom dvd. i believe it was less than 200MB
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    My Tomtom 5-6 comparison review..

These test were done with a Sprint Treo 650, after a Hard reset. (No additional software)- to be fair. (Also using Jabra Bluetooth ear piece.)

Let me start by saying that this is not a detailed review. It is just my experience with it that stood out in my opinion.
    Let me pref this by saying, I can build computer devices with a microscope. But when it comes to directions, I can get lost in my own back yard... I've been told, I am the worst at directions.

Buying a GPS, has been on my mind for sometime now. After reading positive reviews with TomTom I decieded to take the plunge.. $ 299.95 (Treonauts).
    Buying TomTom GPS package gave a whole new value to the Treo. I wished I would have gotten one years ago.
    I can say, I love my Treo even more now..

I first purchased TomTom 5 from a local Fry's Store here in Austin, TX. ($340) after taxes.
    Got home and of course did not read any instructions.. (I think that's prob a guy thing.)
    After first installing it on a TT3 (because the 320X420 screen size)
    TomTom 5- 146mb of space used with my Texas Map installed. The CD it came with was simple and easy to follow. However, BT problems.. losing and finding GPS device.

After working with it, I noticed it had other options like Traffic and TomTom Plus features that required an Internet access. I then decided, a Treo would be the best solution.
    However, the stringent copy protection that TomTom uses is over board. Since I activated my TT3 device, I could no longer install it on anything else. I did some research on this and apparently, many out there are fed up with it and even said it increases the desire to crack / hack the software out of frustration. I was concerned about trying to get TomTom support after reading about a lot of complaints. I submitted a request, (No direct email available. Have to create account then summit a support request via webpage.) Within 2 days, I received a response with the activation code for my Treo.
    Installed and was on my way.
    But, since I was not pleased with the outdated maps that came with TomTom 5 and the activation nightmare, I decided to return it.

I decided to buy the TomTom 6 package, since it seems to be specific for Treo models.
    I found TomTom 6 from Treonauts for less. I must say and give kudos to them. I ordered online and received my package before the weekend. (I will be doing more business with them in the future.)

Experience with TomTom 6-
    I inspected the included 1gb SD (Fat16 format) card that came in the package. The SD has all the software needed to cross the country. (Has all of United States/ Canada maps). It looks different than an average SD in the back of it. More contacts. I think it's obviously for copy protection/hardware key.. I might be wrong on this though. Will try and use a copied 1GB Sd card in near future.

Since I have Fat32 drivers installed on my Treo 650 rom, I assumed that formatting the TomTom SD card to Fat32 would increase the speed of use. Well it crashed 8-9X and got worried. After reformatting the SD to Fat16 and putting all the files back on (956mb), it stopped crashing.

There were times that the Treo's Blue Tooth would lose connections and would have to rediscover. It think this has something to do with the Treo 650 and BT problems.

The TomTom 6 was all on the SD card and didn't need anything else. (As far as I could tell, so I didn't bother opening and installing the software on my Windows box.

1.)One problem though, The Device Code was located in the included sealed CD Folder. This is required to activate software.

2.) Using TomTom 6 with a Treo 650 on Sprint network in Austin, TX: Connection using any Internet services like TomTom Traffic, or any TomTom Plus, I would Error connection messages 2 out of 3 times. It seems the time-out for TomTom internet software on the phone is set to soon. It would come back 2 sec. later and say.;

Could not connect to TomTom Plus service.

Please check the wireless data connection on your mobile phone.

This seems to be the major problem so far. I called Sprint to complain about the slow Vision speeds. I ended up buying a Treo 700p. Once that comes in, will give feed back on any problems using TomTom 6 with this device.

3.) When clicking "Message Notice" (Asterisk in top left corner) while in Tom Tom 6, it went to standard Treo phone ap. It seems to work alright. But after the call ended, it did not return to Tom Tom 6 app. ( A little annoying while driving.)

4.) Tom Tom try to nickel and dime customers. If you bought a TomTom device, you already paid a lot of money for it. They charge for for optional Celebrity voices. After down loading, noticed that these aren't even the real celebrities, and a bad attempt at that..

5.) The maps are still outdated. I thought going to TomTom 6 latest, would give me new maps. I was disappointed when roads that were build even 4-5 years ago are still not there. According to TomTom, I was driving on the grass off road..

6.) There are no instructions for the Bluetooth GPS device itself that I could find. Simple question is, can I keep it on and plugged in the car all the time? It does get warm. Still waiting for an answer from support.

7.) TOMTOM, if you ever read this, PLEASE give us the option to TURN OFF the annoying Legal disclaimer NOTICE screen. At least have it turn off after using TomTom 10X or something. It's a big annoyance when trying to quickly start up the GPS software. Every time you have to accept the legal notice.

I am looking for other TomTom Buddies to try out other features. Please contact me if interested in trying out those features.

Back to the other question. Is there a way to disable the annoying Legal notice everytime I start Tom Tom 6?
    Customer 10/10/2006 10.30 PM
    Using Sprint PCS vision.
    Also, is there a way to disable the annoying Legal notice at starting Tom Tom 6?
    Customer 10/10/2006 10.18 PM
    Im using a Treo 650 on Sprint PCS vision network.
    Response 10/10/2006 05.02 PM
    Dear Mr Bradley,

We apologize for our oversight in your question about the legal notice.

Unfortunately, there is no way to disable the legal notice from appearing on your screen every time you use the product. We apologize ofr any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    - Show quoted text -

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
    Response 10/10/2006 04.45 PM
    Dear Mr Bradley,

Unfortunately, it sounds as though the issue you are having is probably due to the fact that the Sprint network is not currently compatible with our PLUS services. While you may be able to make a connection from time to time, it is not uncommon to see that the network disconnects. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

At this time, we have a team here in the US who are diligently working towards incorporating some of the networks such as Sprint and Verizon into our range of compatible networks. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a time frame when we will be able to determine if and will this will be implemented.

Please let us know if we cna be of further assistance.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Last edited by Wilsonb; 10/11/2006 at 03:11 PM.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Wilson - Nice post. Thanks for the write-up
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    So i was trying to dig deeper into the Navigator 6 Software on my 700p, doing some internet searching, and i came across this.

TomTom Homehttp://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

Maybe it's just me, but i'm generally pretty computer savy, and i had never heard of this product before. It was not on any of the installation discs, or in any of the documentation (at least not the palm bundle version).

The lack of a PC interface was one of my major gripes, and they have it available for free from the TomTom web site.... unbelievable. I'll let you know how it works after i've tried it for a bit if anyone is interested.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Comatose;1070763]On the contrary I've had nothing but good things to say about the holux 236. It has quite a flexible design in such that
    - you can use it as either a BT gps receiver or a mouse via USB cable
    - you can upgrade its FW

Use it as a mouse? (Is this a joke?) I don't think it has log caching. After using it , im starting to feel cache logging is more and more important. That makes it useful to use even by itself.
    Also, think I might return it if it's not compatible with other systems, like PC, Etc..
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I thought Palm TomTom 6 package was the same as TomTom Mobile.

"Please note: Not compatible with TomTom MOBILE"

I downloaded it onto my TomTom card and try it on the PC tonight myself.
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdc View Post
    Tech support says there is a patch to fix this if it persists (ask for level 2 tech support).
    Could you post the patch fix to avoid the support headache?
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Heya Xsavior(?)
    Did you figure out how to login with the Windows App from Tomtom on the site you described?
    I don't see where to enter in login credentials.
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsavior View Post
    So i was trying to dig deeper into the Navigator 6 Software on my 700p, doing some internet searching, and i came across this.

TomTom Homehttp://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17

Maybe it's just me, but i'm generally pretty computer savy, and i had never heard of this product before. It was not on any of the installation discs, or in any of the documentation (at least not the palm bundle version).

The lack of a PC interface was one of my major gripes, and they have it available for free from the TomTom web site.... unbelievable. I'll let you know how it works after i've tried it for a bit if anyone is interested.
    Will be interesting if it works, since they have this quote on the page: "Please note: Not compatible with TomTom NAVIGATOR"

John
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast