1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I want to hotsync on my computer at work with outlook, and keep hotsyncing on my home computer with palm desktop. Is this possible? and is there a limit on how many computers you can hotsync with? I appreciate any and all comments. Thank you for your time.
    I do exactly that (Hotsync with Outlook at work, with Palm Desktop at home).

I see no reason why there should be any limit on the # of computers you can Hotsync to.. as long as the PC has the Palm software installed on it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    shouldn't matter as long as the hotsync id is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by treodub
    shouldn't matter as long as the hotsync id is the same.
    The only issue I can see, having done it before, is changing things on the pc and the handheld. If you are going to sync to different pcs, it is better to try to do things from the handheld side, otherwise you might have different data on different PCs. And everytime you update things on the PC, you should sync as a habit.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I hotsync through Lotus Notes from my PC at work. At home I sync to a laptop pc and also an Apple Mac. No issues here. I do have handheld overrites Desktop as options on the datebook and contacts on my two home machines.
    Make sure you right click the Hotsync icon on every computer and click on custom, and check on every conduit that allows it, "sync with multiple pc's" if you dont your going to get duplicate entries, and thats a pain, to delete
    In my experience the Hotsync with multiple PC funtion works, but not very well in its current incarnation. When the Treo hotsync software included Chapura pocket-mirror, the process worked a lot more reliably. I got more errors and duplications than I ever used to with the pocketmirror conduit.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    In my experience the Hotsync with multiple PC funtion works, but not very well in its current incarnation. When the Treo hotsync software included Chapura pocket-mirror, the process worked a lot more reliably. I got more errors and duplications than I ever used to with the pocketmirror conduit.
    Concur. It ain't cheap, but Intellisync is great for this sort of thing. You can plug it in to the current version of Hotsync and customize your sync settings in near-unlimited fashion. These features are of particular value when syncing to multiple PCs:
    • It syncs at the field level, not the record level. This is huge. For example, say you update a meeting's location on your PC, then add notes to the meeting on your Palm, then sync. Both updates get applied on both devices.

• You can set it to notify you of any conflicts when syncing. So if you do update the same field on both devices, it'll ask you which value you want to keep. You can even ignore the conflict and leave that field un-synced.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I've had issues with synching to multiple PC's but it works fine as long as I use "handheld overwrites PC" on the second PC.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I have synced with two PC's for as long as I have owned Palm devices.

Install and set up on the first PC, then hotsync. On the second PC, install software, use the same device name (user name) and sync with hotsync (conduit) settings set to "handlheld overwrites desktop" for the first sync only. Then leave/return the settings at "synchronze the files" on both PC's from then on.

Has worked for me for over 6 years.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    I've done the same thing as Rob T since 1997 without any problems...untill I tried to do it with Outlook. I got tons of dups. I have since gone back to the simplicity and usability of the Palm Desktop and again have zero problems. I'm intrigued by what kvcobra said about intellisync syncing at the field level. Might have to check that out.