1.    #1  
    i get the following errors when i try to play video files using TCPMP for my treo 700p (verizon)

Player: audio codec (windows media audio) not suported by the player!
    Player: video codec (windows media video 9) not supported by the player!

help please!!!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    It will not play WMA or WMV
  3.    #3  
    correct. how do i solve this?
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    unless there is a plugin for WMA or WMV for TCPMP your outta luck
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    And there are no such plugins at this point.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    How about AVI? Seems like it should play those, especially because it mentions that MP3 is used not only for audio files but for the audiocomponent of AVI files. But when I tried an AVI file it said CODEC not available. Is there a separate AVI codec?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise
    And there are no such plugins at this point.
    Wrong...AAC and FFmpeg plugins will alow you to play them after you install them on Palm desktop and do a sync...I play all my videos from my laptop.
    at&t iPhone3G
    links?
    i blieve the AAC plugin comes with the TCPMP zip, i'm not sure about the FFmpeg plugin but highly interested if it will allow me to "freely" play WMV files, if i am not mistaken about Kstewart's reference to "all" videos.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Yes the aac comes with TCPMP, but you will have to get FFmpeg.
    Here is a link to FFmpeg.http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53&release_id=225
    at&t iPhone3G
    Strange, I have both plugins, but can't get a wmv file to play from SD card....
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Me too. It doesn't even see the .wmv files.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Wrong...AAC and FFmpeg plugins will alow you to play them after you install them on Palm desktop and do a sync...I play all my videos from my laptop.
    Not entirely true. You can play some types not all without sound.

This was from the website.

For .wmv, it's just best for now to steer away from it on the Palm side. The ffmpeg plug-in supports some versions of the video format, but you won't be able to get .wma sound from TCPMP unless (or until) CoreCodec negotiates a license for it and then codes a plug-in. (For lack of a better description, the PPC version currently "piggybacks" on the bundled windows device functionality to allow for limited .wmv support on that side.)

As for .asf, TCPMP supports it, but playback is actually kind of hit and miss depending on the underlying formats in the container. The Palm auto-conversion process using HotSync is probably the worst (so you might look at some of the posts about hotsyncing issues, if that's how they're getting installed). Because you're having an issue with the audio only, we'd need to see what the format is.

Ultimately, for certain formats, transcoding is usually the answer. I'm using xvid/mp3 in an .avi container, but with 1.0, I'm certainly going to AVC. Check the encoding forum here for some good information.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Get Kinoma Producer. The Windows (but not Mac) version will convert .WMV files to .MP4 files in formats optimized for the Treo. There are potentially freeware routes to doing the same thing, but for $30 having it all in one easy application is worth it IMHO.