1.    #1  
    Even though it looks like my company's servers are set up so wacky that I can't get push via OWA, having email connectivity without having to have a redirector (Sprint BC) up and running is a huge plus, and setting up 15 minute intervals for fetching my corp mail doesn't seem to be hammering battery.

Couple of questions I have after playing around a couple days and reading quickly through the manual.

1) How can I get Chatter to report # of "new" messages in the Phone App screen (envelope icon)? This is mentioned on pg 41 of guide, but I haven't seen this work yet (even for new, unread messages that come in)

2) When deleting messages in a mailbox, is there anyway for them to be immediately removed from the mailbox view? Or do I just have to wait for the next sync for them to disappear?

3) I see how to change notification tone, but is there a way to set the volume of the tone I pick?

4) I read about how SMS trigger can simulate push...but don't know what the heck it means. How is the SMS sent and to where? I can't seem to find the details in the user guide

5) You have to hit menu + S for a quicksyc shortcut, correct? Or assign to a hard button. You can't simply hit "S" from Message view, right? (I'd love to have a one-button choice, but didn't like it on the hard buttons).

6) BCC on send doesn't seem to work....I can send and can CC

7) Can sync be customized by day of week? ie. I need more frequent pushes during weekdays, less frequent on weekends.
    Last edited by dslunceford; 08/15/2006 at 05:44 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford
    1) How can I get Chatter to report # of "new" messages in the Phone App screen (envelope icon)? This is mentioned on pg 41 of guide, but I haven't seen this work yet (even for new, unread messages that come in)
    Were you on the Chatter screen, a new email came in (and you're still in Chatter), then switch to the phone app screen? If so, the "new" message count and the envelope would NOT appear at all. You may want to leave your screen on the Phone App (or any other app for that matter, just not staying in Chatter), send yourself a test email from a computer, the count and the envelope should come up on your phone app when the new email arrives BEFORE you go back to Chatter.

2) When deleting messages in a mailbox, is there anyway for them to be immediately removed from the mailbox view? Or do I just have to wait for the next sync for them to disappear?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $do$ $this$ $and$ $you$'$ll$ $have$ $to$ $wait$ $for$ $the$ $next$ $QSync$ $if$ $it$'$s$ $not$ $an$ '$online$'/$push$ $mailbox$. $Anyone$ $else$?

6) BCC on send doesn't seem to work....I can send and can CC
    Hmm.. this is strange as it's been working for me. You have highlighted "BCC" and put the email address(es) next to the box, right? Also, you've supplied at least one email for "To", correct?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3.    #3  
    On 1, that seemed to solve problem...

Seem to be doing BCC correctly, but not coming through...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    #3) Set the Messaging (or SMS) volume in the Treo's Prefs.

#4) This is only interesting if your mail host allows SMS signalling or if you can forward to your phone's SMS address

#7) No

#6) I'll check; I haven't had other reports of it.

Marc
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the replies!

Should I send a log for the BCC issue?
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    No, I'll check it...

Marc
  7.    #7  
    Any update on BCC? Still doesn't appear to work for me...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    It works for me every time I try it. Maybe post something on my site and see if anyone else is having problems...

Marc