1.    #1  
    I don't get it.
    I spent 9.99 to upgrade to a better skin?
    http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvoice
    What exactly did they do to make it worth the extra 10 bucks?
    Just call me Berd.
  2.    #2  
    So if everyone who downloaded it from MTDN bought it and then upgraded to 5.0
    12368 downloads from mytreo.net alone, @ $9.99 = $123,556.32
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Background recording?

But I'm also disappointed with this 'upgrade'. I was hoping for an "automatic call recording" feature such as with CallRec. I did make the suggestion using their online form. I don't think I will be paying for this...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Background recording?

But I'm also disappointed with this 'upgrade'. I was hoping for an "automatic call recording" feature such as with CallRec. I did make the suggestion using their online form. I don't think I will be paying for this...
    I asked them a long time ago, to add a playback speed adjustment like TCPMP, - Not in this update either.

I prefer CallRec also.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    That is just so sad , and that's why I'm happy with CallRec
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Tried newest ver of callrec. auto outgoing worked, but not auto incoming. I need auto-in. anyone have a clue why? I'd buy if it would...
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Well the upgrade fee is the best news I've heard for a long time.

I used to use version 3. When version 4 came out I decided that $9.99 for the new features was not worth it, so instead I bought CallRec.

A couple of free upgrades to Callrec later and I still think CallRec is better.

But if I'd had stuck with mVoice with another upgrade fee I would almost have bought the program twice over. Bargain, not
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I haven't purchased or tried the upgrade and came on here to find out what the differences were! Is there any improvements whatsoever?

Thanks
    Alicia
    Callrec is good Audacity Personal edition is better!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    • Added compression algorithm that can reduce the size of the recordings up to 4 times. Leveraging this feature you will be able to store more recordings and extend the maximum duration of a recording on your SD card. Compressed recordings are saved in industry standard format that can be played on many different desktop platforms using Quicktime that comes on Treo CD or similar desktop players.
    • Turn your Treo into an SD card reader. New desktop synchronization feature goes beyond the limitations of Palm HotSync process and custom conduits. mVoice can mount your SD card as a new drive or folder on a Windows, Mac or Linux. Now you can access your recordings, and other files on your SD card, just as they were on your desktop computer: you can copy, delete or rename your recordings and categories on your desktop - and you can even listen to your recordings on a computer without having to copy them to a local hard drive.
    • Organized recordings stored on SD card into categories. Prior to v5.0 mVoice could categorize only recordings saved in man memory. As main Treo memory is very limited in space, it was common to use mVoice to record directly on SD card - and SD card recordings could not be categorized until now. Further, the categories on SD card are simple folders under the parent mVoice folder, so when you connect Treo to your desktop you can still see all the files categorized just as they are inside mVoice itself.
    • Improved usability through better UI. Going far beyond the better graphics and visual appearance, new mVoice features a VCR-like controls that enables you to manage your recordings more conveniently than before. Now you can pause, stop or forward the playback through intuitive control bar in the bottom of the screen.
    • Optimized for Treo 650 and Treo 700p. Unlike other applications, mVoice is focused on Treos. By deliberately sacrificing compatibility with other Palm devices mVoice is capable if utilizing unique Treo features and bringing the full power of these great devices into your hands. Many other applications are going in the opposite direction: they compromise features to multi-device portability. mVoice is not: it is working on latest Treos and it we will keep it working even better on new Treo devices as they hit the market.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    That's a BIG update, but does it really work?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It shure isn't as easy to figure out as the old version I havent figured out how to store onto my sd card yet and just record and play is a chalange so far....
    any difference with Callrec???
    But this is the second "major" upgrade in 12 months, and each time they expect us to pay an upgrade fee for it.

So basically they are saying that Version 3 which I bought less than 12 months ago (30 August 2005) is sadly lacking, but that's my tough luck for buying early.

CallRec has bought out some major improvements and done it FOC to registered users
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Ok guys don't get pissed with me but...
    ... I upgraded. Everything is as described above.

I have a few quirks such as default button selection, auto-closing of a voice memo when it's finished playing etc. I still have to get a little used to the interface but I think it is an improvement.

The SD card mounting works. There's no longer any need for the orginal mVoice conduit nor for Card Export if you upgrade. If you don't have Card Export or similar, then that's probably worth the upgrade cost. Otherwise, probably not.

With v.5 you can't record any memo to internal memory, only to SD. Also, you no longer have a choice of the "one-button"; it's side butoon or disabled.

Quality of recordings are same. It's good but I still get the anoying noise when using the 5-way to end a recording etc.

I wish for an auto-recording feature.

I'll play with it more sometime later...
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    With v.5 you can't record any memo to internal memory, only to SD. Also, you no longer have a choice of the "one-button"; it's side butoon or disabled.
    Is the "one button" really one button? (ie: can I record using a single press of the side button, or do I need to wake the Treo from sleep with an aditional press first?)

One of the features of WM that I miss.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fly888
    Is the "one button" really one button? (ie: can I record using a single press of the side button, or do I need to wake the Treo from sleep with an aditional press first?)

One of the features of WM that I miss.
    Very good question...
    ... you DO need to wake the Treo from sleep. What's more, you can't answer and start recording a phone conversation automatically by pressing (and holding) the side button on an incoming call. You need to answer the call then press and hold the side button to start recording. It's just not user friendly and is an inconvenience to remember and effect.
    I imagine that once again you can't record conversation while using a BlueTooth headset, am I right? This has been problem with all voice recorders.

Al
    so now that my trial's up I'm not ready to upgrade never got the hang of it to give it a good try out . Is anyone happy with the upgrade? or not?