1.    #1  
    I need to send my broken 700p into Sprint but when I went to erase, the up arrow didn't work... and now the screen is out : ( Does anyone know how does erase with a bad 5-way or screen, and how to be able to verify that it's empty? Thanks! -Vincent
    Last edited by IamVincent; 08/15/2006 at 02:24 AM.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Use RescoExplorer and open the internal volume (A and wipe out everything in PALM_DM. Might do the trick.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, is that a program that runs on the 700?

Since my 700 screen is now dead, I guess I would need something I can use from my Mac or another 700p, or a way to open the hardware and cause an erase....

Thanks! -Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by MetaView
    Use RescoExplorer and open the internal volume (A and wipe out everything in PALM_DM. Might do the trick.
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Yes, it would run on the 700. But you can control it completely using the keys. It might be a try to do it blind :-) Take another Treo as template.
    I don't know of any way to do it from outsite.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    You have to order the Palm Special Decommissioning Tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by RawsonDR
    You have to order the Palm Special Decommissioning Tool.

Hahaha how much for this and where can i pick one up.ohhh wait its a hammer. duh
  7.    #7  
    Worse case, I guess I can take apart my good one and use the screen etc I just hate to do that.... Does anyone know if the 650 screen is the same?
    uh, microwave on high for 25 seconds? I don't know.
    What if you delete certain things in your Palm backup folder on your PC like contacts, etc. Then set it so the PC overwrites handheld then hotsync.
  10.    #10  
    There you go!. If I can get it to hotsync, that's the answer....

Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    What if you delete certain things in your Palm backup folder on your PC like contacts, etc. Then set it so the PC overwrites handheld then hotsync.
    Last edited by IamVincent; 08/15/2006 at 11:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    did you have Butler set up where you can send the SMS message to Delete everything? I know there's other software that does this too. but you could always borrow a friend's phone and send the SMS and wipe it. (if you had it set up)
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
  12.    #12  
    That's a good one too, but I already deactivated the phone : (

Quote Originally Posted by truoc444
    did you have Butler set up where you can send the SMS message to Delete everything? I know there's other software that does this too. but you could always borrow a friend's phone and send the SMS and wipe it. (if you had it set up)
    How about TapSmart Keylink ?

or also TapSmart Handshare ?

Or mDesk ?
    Last edited by JeeMan; 08/15/2006 at 02:34 PM.
    - Jeeman
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i guess another option would be to bust out your trusty electromagnet, crank it up to maximum (make sure you're not too close if you have a pacemaker) and set the treo on it and crank it up.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
  15.    #15  
    Do you think that would work? They used to sell 'em at Radio Shack for bulk erasing tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by truoc444
    i guess another option would be to bust out your trusty electromagnet, crank it up to maximum (make sure you're not too close if you have a pacemaker) and set the treo on it and crank it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Do you think that would work? They used to sell 'em at Radio Shack for bulk erasing tapes.
    It will most definitely work

if Palm went with tape drives for the Treo's RAM and ROM this time around. Anything is possible with Palm.