1.    #1  
    Hello! I am a new Palm user in general but just picked up the 700P. I would like to write files to my SD card using the 700P instead of an extra card reader... is there anyway to do this or am I dreaming up the impossible?

Thanks!
    Sure,

Go to Palmgear.com and check out Card Reader and Card Expert.

Both will do what you are looking for I beleive. I have used both and they both work fine. I registered Card Reader because it was cheaper. Also, if you buy the game meteor (which isn't bad) you can get Card Reader free.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Sync buddy is good too. But I haven't tried it with my 700p
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by dpace32
    Hello! I am a new Palm user in general but just picked up the 700P. I would like to write files to my SD card using the 700P instead of an extra card reader... is there anyway to do this or am I dreaming up the impossible?

Thanks!
    Welcome and great question! Why didn't I think of that? I assumed for some reason that this could not be done.

Anyway, very good news! I just hope they both work on the 700p for the larger cards.

Reference:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=cardreader
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/15/2006 at 12:51 PM.
    I installed this after seeing the developer's note that the 700p was supported and after reading some of the previous posts on TC. There seem to be some rough edges on Card Export so I decided to avoid it. This would appear to solve my worries regarding data corruption while removing and re-inserting SD cards into different card readers. Although, the dedicated USB 2.0 readers are probably faster, and I will most likely have to use them as well, this is an excellent alternative route to accessing the card.

There is a small promo on PalmGear until the end of the month which was just icing on the cake as I would have paid a lot more for this program ($9.99). It installed without a hitch, and just to test, I transferred over 59 photos into PhotoShop which it was able to do in about 15 seconds (roughly). Seems to be running great! I'm very happy with this.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Palm File Browser works great for me as well (can transfer files both ways, Windows only):
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-220.html
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Also, if you buy the game meteor (which isn't bad) you can get Card Reader free.
    Thanks for the tip. Card reader is on sale for $9.98 through end of month, Meteor Breakout is just $14.98 and you get both...just waiting for them to email me Card Reader after my purchase...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Palm File Browser works great for me as well (can transfer files both ways, Windows only):
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-220.html
    Thanks perry_rob and all!!