Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Just put a lock on your Treo. When you turn it off, you'll need a code to turn it back on. Then if something comes in, no big deal, your GF won't be able to snoop!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Just put a lock on your Treo. When you turn it off, you'll need a code to turn it back on. Then if something comes in, no big deal, your GF won't be able to snoop!
    THe problem is if I put a lock with password, my GF will be even more suspicious!!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths
    If there is nothing going on with your ex and your current gf can't handle it, then that is her problem...not yours. You are not responsible for any emotional baggage she may have. It's only your problem if you have been caught being dishonest with her, which would give her a reason to be suspicious. If not, then tell her she has to deal with it. It's not your job to rearrange your life to deal with her insecurities.
    But I have to compromise...it is much more difficult to re-educate her than find a tricky software here with your help~~~
    As I said, it's about trust.

If she can't trust you to provide the truth and you can't trust her to handle the truth, then you need to re-evaluate your relationship with her...because you're heading down a slippery sloap...and will have trouble for the rest of your life with her.

If you don't feel it's worth the effort to "re-educate" her, then maybe she's not worth as much to you as you imply?

Be truthful...not sneaky or tricky.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    treopq, your story sounds like the alcoholic who stops drinking but keeps going back to the corner bar to have a Coke. You're doomed. Let us know when the new GF says goodbye.
    To the original poster... you were doomed to post such a question in this forum. Turns out all Treo owners are moral saints. They'd rather give obvious advice than stay on topic.

I say lock your phone with a passcode. If she asks or makes a fit, tell her you have info in there that u don't want her to see. Like gift ideas or something. I have my gf's xmas list in Memo and I don't want her to find it. True story, swear to God. I also have work login/pass info that would actually be illegal for her to know.

Try CallFilter. Set filters for the 2nd gf so that when she calls or txts its "silent."
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Lol at the moral superiority.. Seriously, though, I don't think there's a whole lot of software out there for your purposes. lightwav can do what callfilter does, and assign specific ringtones to specific text messages, etc. Also, you could set the messaging so the message preview doesn't pop up. at least that way she'd actually have to go into your messaging app to see who's texting you. also, lock your phone if its really a problem. and argue her snooping if she confronts you about it. either way, good luck!
    I'd like to know as well, my g/f keeps wanting to look at my phone, seeing if my wife has left any msgs, unbelievable the things they want to know about one another!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redy2Rumble View Post
    I'd like to know as well, my g/f keeps wanting to look at my phone, seeing if my wife has left any msgs, unbelievable the things they want to know about one another!
    LMAO........................

That was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    Sometimes, message just popped up so quickly or phone called in, my GF got it before I....
    Yes, this is likely to happen and can ruin an otherwise pleasant afternoon.

... just kidding.
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    This is too funny!

Change the girls names in your Treo to special Guys names only you'll know. Then when something comes in she's shouldn't be worried (or maybe it's worse)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    This is too funny!

Change the girls names in your Treo to special Guys names only you'll know. Then when something comes in she's shouldn't be worried (or maybe it's worse)!
    lol...I can see it now:

Bob: I think I left my panties in your car last night
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    lol...Yeah, but it sounds like he may not be too honest, so I'm sure he could make up a great story about why "Bob" did this! Bob is always getting crazy when we hang out!

The things people ask!
    "Dear, your friend Jack Mehoff is calling..."
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12