1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I'm a new treo user (700p). I wanted to know how do I setup my e-mail accounts to be forward to my treo using versamail. Currently I have my gmail forwarded to fastmail.us. Now do I setup my versamail to receive mail, while sending mail from @gmail.com?

Thanks
    What's the point of forwarding gmail to fastmail if you're going to use versamail? I don't get that...

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    What's the point of forwarding gmail to fastmail if you're going to use versamail? I don't get that...

Marc
    What Marc is modestly suggesting is that if you forward gmail to fastmail and then use a certain email program (hint: www.chatteremail.com) your incoming email will go from gmail to fastmail to your treo faster than you can spit. And your outbound email will look like it's coming from your gmail account if you set it up right.

I personally used that system up and it worked well. I'm now less enchanted with gmail than I used to be. But I digress.

Look in the Chatter subforum here on TC for the step-by-step instructions on how to do this. Take Marc up on the 30 day free test drive.
    Maybe he wants the IMAP superiority over Pop3

I am currently using chattermail myself

Versamail does not do push email while your fastmail is an IMAP account with direct push capability
    OK...I download Chattermail and setup OTA sync. Every so many seconds the green flashing light changes to orange and stays lit for like 4-5 seconds. During this time, the Treo seems to be frozen, but then the light goes out and it catches up to my keystrokes. Any suggestions, or is this normal???
    Mike
    No, not normal. I'd suggest sending me a log of maybe 30 minutes activity. Instructions are in the FAQ at www.chatteremail.com.

Marc
    OK..thanks, I'll do that.
    Mike
    I'm going gmail forwarded to FuseMail, then demoing Chatter to get the email. So far, I'm liking, but I may try to get away from gmail and only use FuseMail, maybe even set my own domain name up so it looks cool.