1.    #1  
    Wow....I hadn't used sprinttv for a while, but it seems like the increased the resolution. The quality is MUCH MUCH better than it was a couple months ago. It's so much crisper!
    Yes, I actually noticed this too. I also used Looney Tunes, and it's incredibly better over a month ago.
    Have you tried MobiTv lately?
    What's the difference between SprintTV & MobiTV? Different apps? Different channels? what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Wow....I hadn't used sprinttv for a while, but it seems like the increased the resolution. The quality is MUCH MUCH better than it was a couple months ago. It's so much crisper!
    Meryln, is that on EVDO or is that in a non evdo area
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Meryln, is that on EVDO or is that in a non evdo area
    EVDO of course.
    Is there a list of channels you get with the "Ultimate" package? Because to me, it doesn't seem very "Ultimate".
    "Ultimate" just refers to the price you are paying.. it has nothing to do with the service you receive.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I have also noticed a considerable improvement in MobiTV picture quality. This is the stand-alone MobiTV subscription running on a Verizon 700P. Video seems crisper and cleared and with fewer audio dropouts as well.

I double checked and I still have the same client software version as before 1.0.6h

Also, some of the "lesser known" channels like Fashion TV don't seem to have the same quality improvements as biggies like Fox Sports & Weather Channel (the ones I watch most often).

Maybe they are slowly rolling out improvements to their encoding process to certain content providers? I began noticing the improvements about two or three weeks ago. No notice of updates on www.mobitv.com or handmark.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    "Ultimate" just refers to the price you are paying.. it has nothing to do with the service you receive.
    FIGURES! What a bunch of haters. They just know I'll keep paying it!
    Merlyn have you tried the Sony Pictures folder on your Sprint TV???, I cant get them to play, every clip there timesout...anybody else having issues with these clips????
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT
    Merlyn have you tried the Sony Pictures folder on your Sprint TV???, I cant get them to play, every clip there timesout...anybody else having issues with these clips????
    Yeah, I get timeouts too. I wanted to watch that new spiderman 3 trailer the other day again and it timed out.
    All the Sony previews time out on me too.
    Any particular reason that you guys have chosen SprinTV over MobiTV or vice versa? I'm curious about comparisons of one over the other. I tried SprintTV live, and wasn't very impressed with the actual channel content or user interface. I cancelled my subscription. I have no tried MobiTV today and am much more impressed. Channel selection is better, interface seems much better.

Am i missing something....why Sprint over Mobi?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    SprinTV is essentially cheaper/bundled for Sprint subscribers. MobiTV is the only option for Verizon users.

Some Sprint users likely subscribe to MobiTV directly for the expanded channel lineup & the marginally better quality as well.
    I see....i was comapring Sprint Live and MobiTV, which are both 9.99. And chose Mobitv because of hte channel line up.

That's why i was wondering why some people prefer Sprint?
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have tried both Sprint Live and MobiTV.

The picture quality is still a bit better on MobiTV.
    Also, on Sprint Live the audio was always out of sync with the video.
    With MobiTV, the audio and video were usually pretty much together.

The advantages I noticed with Sprint was better volume control and the black background while Sprint Live was playing.

Jeff