1.    #1  
    I tried this on another thread, but the responses don't address the battery/talk time.

I need to know if this is normal for the Nokia BH-900:

I'm getting ~1 hour talk time with the BH-900 and a Treo 650. I was used to being able to talk 2-3 hours a day, 2-3 days. The TreoCentral Store lists 8 hours talk and 180 hours standby for the BH-900.

I haven't made it a combined 12 hours (usually 1 hour talk 9 hours standby) in the 2 weeks I've had it before it's "Lights out".

Obviously it's going back, but is this standard performance for this headset? I'd just like to know if I should do a trade or look for another model.

TIA!

BTW, I was surprised at how rude the TreoCentral Store support person was. Maybe he had a bad day.
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCrumley
    I tried this on another thread, but the responses don't address the battery/talk time.

I need to know if this is normal for the Nokia BH-900:

I'm getting ~1 hour talk time with the BH-900 and a Treo 650. I was used to being able to talk 2-3 hours a day, 2-3 days. The TreoCentral Store lists 8 hours talk and 180 hours standby for the BH-900.

I haven't made it a combined 12 hours (usually 1 hour talk 9 hours standby) in the 2 weeks I've had it before it's "Lights out".

Obviously it's going back, but is this standard performance for this headset? I'd just like to know if I should do a trade or look for another model.

TIA!

BTW, I was surprised at how rude the TreoCentral Store support person was. Maybe he had a bad day.
    I tried out the Nokia BH-900 for a couple days. It's going back to the store.

My battery life was fine. It never ran out during the two days I used it.

Mic quality was surprisingly good. It's better than the 700P mic. Noise cancelling definitely worked. Background noise was significantly lower with the Nokia. Incoming sound was good, although low on the volume side. Comfort was good. It feels funny during the first 10 seconds, but I quickly forgot that I had it on. It's also very stable on my ear. Connections for incoming and outgoing calls was almost immediate.

Two problems:
    - my treo wouldn't pick up the headset all the time. When I'd try to make a call, it sometimes wouldn't transfer to the headset..same for incoming calls. I'd have to turn off and turn on the headset..then repair.
    - outgoing voice cuts in and out in wind.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p