Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    To install, you can also just email the test.prc file to yourself and copy it into RAM.
    tried that using chatter, saves the file as test7.prc in ram, but nothing happens. the file has a type of attachment....

nvm, it worked
    Last edited by karimkb; 08/15/2006 at 10:34 PM.
    I used Chatter, Loaded Attachment, Opened to RAM, stated Sprint SPC(I think)already exist do you want to replace, I tapped Yes & it works! Like the earlier post you'll have the OG(Sprint)Copy on ROM, & the new one on RAM.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    well, it works but if your on a call and you go to you launch screen and then end the call, the popup still shows up
    Has any body else noticed any bluetooth issues after installing these. I used Test 6 yesterday on my Sprint 700. Icons changed, call durations popup went away, everythign was just peachy.

But on my way home, tried a couple of times to connect my BT headset, and nothing. The connection status would just time out, and when i tried placing calls, the Headset would not connect. I removed the overaly, and everything went back to normal.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Maybe i'll try again today.
    So far, with the test7 overlay, I haven't had any problems with my JX-10 headset.

But probably worth keeping a close eye on this, to make sure the overlay doesn't impact performance.
    I'm going to try test7 now. Maybe it has something to do with changing the icons from the carrier icons to the OEM icons.

I'll report back in a few.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karimkb
    well, it works but if your on a call and you go to you launch screen and then end the call, the popup still shows up
    I would think this is a good behavior.
    Well, i went back and tried Test7, and had not problems with BT. Went and reinstalled Test6, and this time, bluetooth seems to work just fine. So i don't know what was going on last night, but today, seems to be working.

If things change, i'll let you all know.
    I'm trying to delete the test7 file using zlauncher and I can't find it. I installed it by synching it to my card then copying it over to RAM. It worked in terms of making that call duration popup go away (a wonderful experience) but Callfilter stopped working.

I had problems with Callfilter on my 700p but isolated it to the LED Control in Butler. It was finally working and I really need it, but this overlay seems to conflict with it. I don't understand why I can't find the test7 file. Any ideas??

Thanks!
    test7 works like a charm . . . now the 700p finally works like a normal cell phone.
    When the test files are copied over into RAM, the get renamed. The file that you haev to remove is called Phone_SPCS.prc. If you look, you'll see that there are two of htem, one in RAM, the other in ROM. Delete the one in RAM, reset the Treo, and you're back to stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Has any body else noticed any bluetooth issues after installing these. I used Test 6 yesterday on my Sprint 700. Icons changed, call durations popup went away, everythign was just peachy.

But on my way home, tried a couple of times to connect my BT headset, and nothing. The connection status would just time out, and when i tried placing calls, the Headset would not connect. I removed the overaly, and everything went back to normal.

Has anyone seen this behavior? Maybe i'll try again today.
    I had bluetooth issues, too. But I removed the overlay and am still having bluetooth issues, so I don't know if that was the cause.
    Everything good with my Overlay 6. The only thing, I dont know if it is too much to ask but I've seen that the Verizon 700p has the blue EV indicator Is it possible to make it blue instead of green for EV and leave green for 1x

Thanks Shadowmite

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Everything good with my Overlay 6. The only thing, I dont know if it is too much to ask but I've seen that the Verizon 700p has the blue EV indicator Is it possible to make it blue instead of green for EV and leave green for 1x
    I agree this would be a great idea if possible (although I'm using overlay 5)... Thanks.
    After installing test6, I have the following two files in ROM: Phone_SPCS & Phone_SPCS_enUS

...and nothing remotely similiar in RAM. WTF? But my overlay is installed and working. How do I uninstall it?

I've checked with FileZ AND Resco Explorer. No Phone_ anything exists.
    I have recently upgraded from a Treo 650 to a Treo 700p. Initially, I kept all the old applications and settings, including the Shadowmite patch with the old Sprint logo (I loved it). Seeing that there is now a version with the new logo available, I removed the Sprint_SPCS.prc from my Backup folder before resyncing after a hard reset (partly due to other changes related to Goodlink). The original Sprint features were restored, without the call duration shown on call log details. Then I tried adding the new patch for the 700p using the Quick Install. Every attempt is met by the following message:

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\palmOne\...\Install\700poriginal.prc
    Install synchronization failed

I've tried using test7.prc with the same results. Not really expecting it to work, I even tried putting one of them in the backup folder, did a hard reset on the Treo and synchronized to the following result:

- Install failed: C:\Program Files\palmOne\...\backup\700poriginal.prc
    Restore synchronization failed

What am I missing? Has Sprint put in something new to block this type of patch? I miss having the extra features of the patch, but didn't want to keep the old Sprint logo to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjoneskc View Post
    I have recently upgraded from a Treo 650 to a Treo 700p. Initially, I kept all the old applications and settings, including the Shadowmite patch with the old Sprint logo (I loved it). Seeing that there is now a version with the new logo available, I removed the Sprint_SPCS.prc from my Backup folder before resyncing after a hard reset (partly due to other changes related to Goodlink). The original Sprint features were restored, without the call duration shown on call log details. Then I tried adding the new patch for the 700p using the Quick Install. Every attempt is met by the following message:
    Read the whole thread i explained before how to install it, so did other people. sorry i just dont feel like typing it again
    Thanks for the quick response. I only posted after failing to find anything on the thread on this problem. Do they truncate the threads? I only see 5 pages, with nothing on this problem. Was the explanation by chance on another thread? Sorry to bring up something that is old news to most people.
    You can't hotsync these files. You have to install / download to your SD card, and copy to RAM from there.
    dont worry about it , were always here to help, check out post #62 i explain it there. hope this helps if your still stuck just ask .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast