Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Code:
    Ok, one last post, this should put it to rest...
     ------
     Ok, so to get them all together here:

test3.prc:stock carrier symbols, call duration on, popup on
     test5.prc:palm OEM symbols, call duration on, popup on
     test6.prc:palm OEM symbols, call duration on, popup off
     test7.prc:stock carrier symbols, call duration on, popup off
    Is there a test3 equivalent with the "messaging" option instead of Totals?
    To install the Patch you have to put it in the sd card either by a reader, or a when you hotsync make sure its hotsynced to the card, then find it in the card and with Zlauncher of a file manager, move it to Ram, and thats all, its installed, to remove it use zlauncher or a file manager, and just delete the test file and everything goes back to normal. make sure your not hotsyncing like a regular prc. you are going to get errors
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Thank you so much for that all together for us! It is people like you that make me stick with palm.

shoooo, you can say that again. Shadow is the MIZZANNN!!!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    thanks Rick
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Shadowmite.... 1000 THANK YOUS for killing the call duration pop-up!! I can't tell you how many times i have needed to make two quick calls in a row, and fumed as I had to wait for the call duration dialogue to dismiss. Thank you!!!
    yes i agree that call duration pop up was a pain in the @ss
    I guess the call duration pop-up must be a Sprint thing? I don't see that after a call on my VZW 700p. Just goes right back to the phone screen instantly.
    Version 7 works like a charm. No more call duration popup.

Tried searching for the file after I moved it to RAM. Where did it go?
    To install, you can also just email the test.prc file to yourself and copy it into RAM.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrspoon
    Version 7 works like a charm. No more call duration popup.

Tried searching for the file after I moved it to RAM. Where did it go?
    As someone else mentioned, the name is somehow changed automatically to "Phone_SPCS". When I look it up with FileZ, it lists two of these. The original one is in rom, the new one is in ram.
    awesome!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Is there a test3 equivalent with the "messaging" option instead of Totals?
    I goofed on that one, here is the corrected test3... also corrected in that post that sum'd them all up...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    pefect, that's the one I needed. Thanks shadowmite!
    Test7 works perfectly (and certainly seems to be the most popular download).

Thanks shadowmite -- no more stupid phone call duration popup!!
    newb question, but...what does overlay patch do? or what is it? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by karimkb
    newb question, but...what does overlay patch do? or what is it? thanks

Put simply, if you hate the "call duration popup" that takes over your phone when you hang up/finish a call, this will eliminate that and the 3-4 second delay you have before being able to use another app, make another call, etc...

It's the simple things in life that make us happy!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I'm testing test7 now with much success and happiness. Thanks, shadowmite. Do you have a way I (we?) can make a donation to show my (our) appreciation of all your efforts? (like a paypal account)
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh
    I'm testing test7 now with much success and happiness. Thanks, shadowmite. Do you have a way I (we?) can make a donation to show my (our) appreciation of all your efforts? (like a paypal account)

I've never requested it, and I do what I can just to help, but you can send paypal donations to my email, shadowmite@shadowmite.com IF you REALLY REALLY want to, otherwise, give it to a charity in my name...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I've never requested it, and I do what I can just to help, but you can send paypal donations to my email, shadowmite@shadowmite.com IF you REALLY REALLY want to, otherwise, give it to a charity in my name...
    Thank you Sir...YOU deserve every cent!!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Shadowmite,
    Am I doing somethign wrong? I tired Test 6 and it had the Sprint splash screen, not the OEM (Palm) one. I even tried test 5& 7 and those too, have the Sprint splash screen. If I go back to the Treo650 version i have, it get my custom splash screen, so I assume my meathod is correct?

The 1XR and Ev-DO symbols are back to the OEM form, so I know the test5 took (as far as that went).

Any ideas?
    Thanks<Matt
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast