Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #41  
    BTW, it's worth pointing out these are for the SPRINT 700p... If someone will email me the verizon phone overlay I'll do the same to it... Or you can yourself:

Flags: 17 09 01 1D
    Which files do you need?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    It's up on my site as well... Might as well update the old page
    I'm assuming that "700poriginal.prc" on your site is the same as "test5.prc" here? I'm still getting the call duration popup using 700poriginal.
  4.    #44  
    Yep, test5 is what's up at my site...
    shadow-

Anyway to get rid of the call duration popup and still have the duration recorded in the Call log Details like the old 650 patch?

Thanks much,

Neo
  6.    #46  
    Ok, I can give you one last overlay which will disable the call durations after a call ends... I'll attach it here in a moment...

Again, test5 is the best patch overlay if you want the palm data symbols and WITH the call duration at the end of the calls.

test3 is the best with the carrier symbols and the call duration at the end of a call.

test 6 here is the palm symbols, but NO call duration pop up at the call end...

For those who want the settings:

Flags: 07 09 01 1D
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowmite; 08/14/2006 at 07:36 PM.
    Please help. I'm new to all this but I downloaded the orginal fix a month ago when I got my 700p. No problem but I am trying to put the new fix on and everytime I Hotsync I get the error Protocol Error: Read-only. (4009). I deleted the original fix and still no luck. I reloaded the original fix with no problems. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
    I'm sorry this might be dumb question but I guess I'll just ask to clarify it for all of ppl who might not know how to do this.

Do I have to rename the file or doing anything before I put the file on the treo ???? or I just copy it into RAM then execute the file ???

with Treo 650 overlay I remember the file name is "phone_SPCS.prc" or something like that and you have to just copy and paste the file into treo 650's RAM and that's all you have to do with 650.
    Shadow, you friggin' rock man. You ROCK.

Thanks!
    Ok, I can give you one last overlay which will disable the call durations after a call ends... I'll attach it here in a moment...

Again, test5 is the best patch overlay if you want the palm data symbols and WITH the call duration at the end of the calls.

test3 is the best with the carrier symbols and the call duration at the end of a call.

test 6 here is the palm symbols, but NO call duration pop up at the call end...

For those who want the settings:

Flags: 07 09 01 1D
    shadow,

THANKS SO MUCH!! This is EXACTLY what I needed and I am forever within your debt :-)

Welcome back to the forum!

Neo
    Since no one responded to my question I started playing and think I got it fixed. Instead of hotsync to treo I did the hotsync to the external card and then moved it to the treo. Test6 works perfect. Thanks Shadow!!!! That popup call duration screen really sucked.
    shadowmite welcome back!!!
    So with test6, is everyone with Sprint 700p seeing the little green box with "EV" or "1x" instead of the little blinking blue arrows? If not, did I do something wrong - how do I get the little blinking blue arrows? But if the little green box with "EV" is the expected behavior, is there any way to change test6.prc to have the little blinking blue arrows instead of the green "EV"? The rest of the behavior of test6.prc is perfect for me so far! Thanks, Shadowmite.

P.S. These were the steps I took. Is that right?
    All I did was make a backup copy of Phone_SPCS.prc to my SD card and then put "test6.prc" on the phone. I thought I would've had to delete or rename the original and then rename "test6.prc" to "Phone_SPCS.prc" before it started working.

EDIT: Oh, and after I copied test6.prc over, filez shows me 2 Phone_SPCS files (even though I did NOT rename test6.prc before I copied it). One in ROM @ 121k and one not in ROM @ 127k. Seem right?
    Last edited by Tree-Oh; 08/14/2006 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added detail
  14.    #54  
    That is correct, I didn't make a overlay yet that disables the call duration popup and uses the stock carrier symbols... I'll work on that tomorrow I suppose...
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    That is correct, I didn't make a overlay yet that disables the call duration popup and uses the stock carrier symbols... I'll work on that tomorrow I suppose...
    Thank you, that is what i have been waiting for
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    wow i missed out on a lot here by going today, d.... second shift
    Appreciate your taking the time out to take care of this for us, Shadowmite. Many thanks.

C.C

18.    #58  
    Code:
    Ok, one last post, this should put it to rest...
    ------
    Ok, so to get them all together here:

test3.prc:stock carrier symbols, call duration on, popup on
    test5.prc:palm OEM symbols, call duration on, popup on
    test6.prc:palm OEM symbols, call duration on, popup off
    test7.prc:stock carrier symbols, call duration on, popup off
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by shadowmite; 08/15/2006 at 02:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for putting that all together for us! It is people like you that make me stick with palm.
    Last edited by ink883; 08/15/2006 at 03:39 PM.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Could someone please post instructions for installing the overlay patch?

tia
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast