Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Occasionally, when I try to connect to the web, I get a "service not availiable while roaming" error. To get it to clear, I have to hit the reset button next to the battery. Why does it do this? I have free long distance, it shouldn't be roaming.

Thanks, Justin
    Data services are not available while roaming.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm in my home calling area and I have free long distance I should not be roaming. That's the whole point. Is there something wrong?!

Justin
    What does long distance have to do with anything? An analogous statement would be I got the oil changed in my Ford, how come it doesn't sound like a Ferrari? They are completely unrelated. As previously mentioned, data is not available while roaming.

Now as to why you're roaming in your home calling area, that's what you should be asking. I'm assuming this is a CDMA device, so I would suggest getting an updated PRL. If that doesn't work then either reprogram the phone yourself or have your carrier do it.

As FrozenCode says, the voice traffic is a separate issue from the data services that are used for Web and email. My Sprint Treo 650 sometimes goes into roaming when I go in my basement. You may be in a weak signal area. Sometimes I have to disconnect from the network and reconnect to get it to go back on the SPrint network.