1.    #1  
    Hi,

Every time I sync my Treo 700p to my Mac, it reinstalls all the software. I read on some earlier posts that this might be due to the fact that I am syncing AvantGo OTA wirelessly. Has anyone else had this problem?
    are you using palm desktop or missing sync?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    are you using palm desktop or missing sync?
    Palm Desktop. I hear Missing Sync has their own desktop conduit for AG, but I usually sync AG OTA wirelessly while on the go.
    it was hoping you would say missing sync which is what I use, and I have had no problems syncing avant to go on that. Dont know about palm desktop, unfortunately.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    it was hoping you would say missing sync which is what I use, and I have had no problems syncing avant to go on that. Dont know about palm desktop, unfortunately.
    Do you sync AvantGo wireless OTA as well?
    I should also add that I use a 650, not a 700 to do this. I just found this note on version tracker about avantgo for the 700p:

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...60627001622434
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I just "installed" Palm Desktop and AvantGo 6.0 onto my PC at work. Snagged the prcs for AvantGo and scp'd them over to my Mac (where I sync my 700P). Installed 6.0, and all of a sudden, I can sync AvantGo OTA and not have my Mac try and reinstall all my programs when I do a HotSync.

Just fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    Every time I sync my Treo 700p to my Mac, it reinstalls all the software. I read on some earlier posts that this might be due to the fact that I am syncing AvantGo OTA wirelessly. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I've only noticed similar problems (like software reappearing, sometimes addresses/appointments reappearing too) with my Mac when I sync with other machines (generally windows). I like to sync at home and at work (at work it pushes it into Outlook). I just do the Mac (laptop) occasionally (so if the palm chokes while traveling) and have it set to "Palm overwrites Mac".

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuoirad
    I just "installed" Palm Desktop and AvantGo 6.0 onto my PC at work. Snagged the prcs for AvantGo and scp'd them over to my Mac (where I sync my 700P). Installed 6.0, and all of a sudden, I can sync AvantGo OTA and not have my Mac try and reinstall all my programs when I do a HotSync.

Just fyi.
    Thanks kuoirad - that fixed my problem, too!