Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok I am looking for a bluetooth headset for my 700p. I KNOW, I KNOW not ANOTHER. But here is the deal.

Was planning on the HBH-300
    Found out it loses connection with the 700p after a few hours and causes random resets.

Decided on the HBH-662
    Found the same thing is true of this one

Scala500
    Connection issues (ordered one for myself just to see, on it's way)

Plantronics 640
    People hanging up because the call takes so long to connect (don't know if this is an exaggeration so I have one of these in the mail on it's way to me)

Plantronics 510
    Loses connection with 700p

And on and on and on.

HERE IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
    1. I want a earpiece that has a good RANGE (10 ft or more, minimum)
    2. If possible I would like caller ID
    3. Something that stays connected to the 700p
    4. decent sound quality

THATS IT

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT
    1. comfort (I will grin and bear it so long as the piece WORKS)
    2. battery (just needs to have 1 hour of talk time a day)
    3. size (could be huge so long as it WORKS)
    4. price (will pay up to 200$ for something that WORKS)

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!
    Last edited by CellGeek; 08/20/2006 at 02:01 AM.
    The only headsets I have found that sound good AND stay connected to my 700P are the Motorola H700 and Plantronics Discovery 655. Range before crackling and hissing for both are at least 15 ft. in my exprience and that's w/ a couple of walls in the way.
  3.    #3  
    ALL RIGHT

THAT'S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!

Thank you for the info. I will look into each.

If anyone else has some real world experience with a good BT headset for the 700p please let me know.

Thanks again.
  4.    #4  
    A VERY interesting tidbit I just found. This may have already been discussed, but the Plantronics 640E (update to the 640) has Multipoint
    The original 640 has MultiPoint as well. The 645 doesn't have MultiPoint. Not sure if the 655 has it.
    Wait a minute the 655 is already out? I just went on to Plantronics website and it is not listed on there. Islandboi, you have the 655 and have tested it already? where did you get it from and how much?
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    If I were looking for a headset that works, I would have started with one of the Bluetooth headsets that is actually supported by Palm for the 700p:

Compatible with Sprint Treo 700p smartphones:
    Jabra BT-160
    Jabra BT-150
    Jabra BT-350
    Jabra BT-500
    Jabra BT-800
    Jabra JX10
    Motorola H500
    Motorola H700
    Motorola HS-850
    Palm Treo Headset
    Palm Ultralight Wireless Headset
    Plantronics Explorer 320
    Plantronics M2500
    Sony Ericsson HBH-660
    Sprint Earglove BlueVoice

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(42719)

Headsets compatible with Verizon Wireless Treo 700p smartphones
    Jabra BT-160
    Jabra BT-150
    Jabra BT-350
    Jabra BT-500
    Jabra BT-800
    Jabra JX10
    Motorola H500
    Motorola H700
    Motorola HS-850
    Palm Treo Headset
    Palm Ultralight Wireless Headset
    Plantronics Explorer 320
    Plantronics M2500

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...ase=obj(42608)

None of the ones you have selected or tested are supported. There is a common misconception that all Bluetooth products work together....this is not true. Unfortunately the Bluetooth SIG doesn't require stricter interoperability testing:

"Profile-level tests can be as simple as connecting a hands-free car kit to a Bluetooth cell phone, initiating a phone call from the car kit, and verifying that the call was properly established. Profile testing also may require the use of a Bluetooth sniffer to capture the over-the-air protocol for analysis."

This means that under these testing guidelines simply establishing a call would get a BT seal of approval, no matter if the headset drops the call a few minutes later.

You can see the whole link here:
    http://www.evaluationengineering.com...6bluetooth.asp
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek
    Ok I am looking for a bluetooth headset for my 700p. I KNOW, I KNOW not ANOTHER. But here is the deal.

Was planning on the HBH-300
    Found out it loses connection with the 700p after a few hours and causes random resets.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!
    CellGeek,

I use the HBH-300 with the 700p with very few problems. It does loose connection if idle for hours, but under normal use it works well. I've never had a crash while using the 300.

Although the connection occassionally dropping is an inconvenience, the quality of the HBH-300 is far superior to the "supported" sets, so I live with it.

Check the rev level on the HBH-300. Mine is the second rev, 2a I believe - it's worn off, that may be a difference.

Paul
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    FWIW the Jabra JX-10 connects flawlessly, and quick. Arguably the sound isn't up to the Plantronics, but then again I'd rather stay connected than not. For a few days I tried the Bluespoon - great headset but it would disconnect also.
    The JX10 is the best. The lag time on the Plantronics headsets is really annoying and the fit isn't that great. The JX10 with the eargels is the way to go. It's also smaller and gets twice the battery life of the 655.
    Try the BlueAnt X3
    I agree with 2000Man. the JX10 is the way to go. It wasn't all that great with my Treo650, but with the 700p it's the best. The eargel keeps it where you put it and increases the sound. Plus, there is no lag time.
    H700 and IHF1000 (Car Kit) work just fine so long as I don't turn BT off otherwise I have to soft reset once BT is turned back on to get a connection. Palm is "working on" the answer to my support issue. Otherwise I have found the H700 to be just fine for my daily use.
    No one mentioned the Logitech Mobile Express? When everyone was complaining about how bad bluetooth was I was enjoying my $50 headset! I haven't thoroughly tested it, but based on everyday use, I'd say it's great!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10970

Hmmm. When I bought my 700p just a week ago the Sprint rep told me they were having lots of returns on the bluetooth headsets they were selling, Jabra, Motorola, etc. People were complaining that the devices would not work at all with the 700p. I was informed that they called Palm and were told the only compatible bluetooth headset for the 700p was the Palm Treo Headset. That's what I bought and I haven't had any problems since.
    Mole
  16.    #16  
    WOW thank you for the great responses.

I have ordered a JX10 now too.

So:
    Scala 500
    Plantronics 640
    Jabra JX10

are all on there way to me.

I was also looking at the hbh-200 because I would really like caller ID. Any thoughts? Battery life is not important and that is the big knock I have heard with this one.
    Odd how Palm says the only "comaptible" headset is their own. Sorry but thats BS plain and simple. They work you just can't turn the BT off and then back on without having to soft reset the phone to get pairing to work. I'm not one for class action suits but you can't put put a faulty product and say its not the products fault its your headset when they know darn well it is their products fault. Fix the friggin bluetooth or get out of the phone business Palm.
    Plantronics 640 works really well and picks up quick, but after the call it disconnects so you have to hit the button to reconnect it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    Odd how Palm says the only "comaptible" headset is their own. Sorry but thats BS plain and simple. They work you just can't turn the BT off and then back on without having to soft reset the phone to get pairing to work. I'm not one for class action suits but you can't put put a faulty product and say its not the products fault its your headset when they know darn well it is their products fault. Fix the friggin bluetooth or get out of the phone business Palm.
    That seemed odd to me too but I had no reason not to believe the Sprint rep since Sprint doesn't even sell the device. I forked over the money for it cause I wanted something that "should" work without a hitch. I wanted some time to get used to my new Treo before I had to start dealing with issues.
    Mole
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    Did you even bother to read the thread? Try post #7. Mole was lied to by a Sprint drone.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast