Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I also found the range on the WEP200 to be the best of any headset that I've used. The volume is also very, very good. I normally keep it turned down to the lowest possible setting. The size is small and the battery life has been pretty good. I did put a Jabra eargel to mine and the fit and comfort is worlds better. I did a little Dremel action on the eargel to open up the space above the speaker to clean up the incoming sound a bit, but it's not necessary.

I wouldn't get a Scala 500 since the 700 is already out and better in basically every way.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man View Post
    I also found the range on the WEP200 to be the best of any headset that I've used. The volume is also very, very good. I normally keep it turned down to the lowest possible setting. The size is small and the battery life has been pretty good. I did put a Jabra eargel to mine and the fit and comfort is worlds better. I did a little Dremel action on the eargel to open up the space above the speaker to clean up the incoming sound a bit, but it's not necessary.

I wouldn't get a Scala 500 since the 700 is already out and better in basically every way.
    Are these the ear gels you speak of?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...bosnation0e-20
    If so, is there modification needed to get them on the headset itself?

I read the reviews at amazon and they say these keep splitting. I may search for another jabra ear gel, as they mention the colored ones may be made of a different material? Have you heard of this?
    That's them. They won't split because it's not a super-tight fit on the WEP200.
    I have tried at least 10 headsets with no luck. I finally tried the Sony IV835. It works like a charm. The only thing you have to do is hang up with the headset. If you hang up with the phone, it will drop the connection but will reconnect immediatly when you press the headset button. Just an FYI
  5.    #45  
    I have heard consistently good things about the IV835 (Did everyone listen to the Treocentral Podcast? good stuff)

I think my personal search is over for now and that I will be sticking with the WEP200. I have ordered the jabra ear gels, which should be the final piece to the puzzle.

One IMPORTANT mod to do on the WEP200 is to cover the small hole just below the speaker with a piece of electrical tape (blends perfect, you can't even tell it is there.) This provides around a 25% or more volume boost and makes this little puppy LOUD.

For thos that don't want to read this whole thread I will summarize the true contenders for a 700p earpiece:

WEP200 (my final choice. Talk time is only 4 hours which may be a minus for some)

IV835 (must hang up with the earpiece itself, does not have volume buttons)

JX10 (not so great outgoing sound quality)

Plantronics 655 (fixed the charging problems of the 640, but there is still a small lag when picking up a call)

Scala 500 (good overall headset that can be found for 30 bucks or so)

Scala 700 (expected to pick up where the 500 left off, but with more battery life and a "find headset" function, not yet tested on the 700p to my knowledge)

These conclusions are half my own, from my own use, and half from fellow TREO users. It is important to get info on how headsets work with the TREO as it is very selective (also read not very good) when it come to bluetooth.
  6.    #46  
    WOW OH WOW OH WOW

GREAT call on the Jabra ear gels. I suggest everyone who is getting a wep200 also invest the 6 bucks in these.

When matched with the Jabra ear gels and the "tape fix" the WEP200 has some really great sound. I have still yet to recieve a complaint on outgoing sound quality other than my girlfriend, so I would say that the outgoing is better than I had originally thought.

If you have a 700p:
    Get a WEP200
    Get some Jabra Ear gels
    Cover the small hole near the speaker with electrical tape

And you are set

-Cell Geek
    Great work CellGeek. I am in search of a BT headset that will work (and stay connected) with the 700p. This is BS needing to go through all of this just to find a BT headset to work with this damn phone. People like Shadowmite are the reason I'm hanging in there with Palm, but my patience in wearing thin.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123