Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah I read it, and it doesn't change the fact that Palm has once again failed to QC their phones prior to launch. Fact not fiction.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    Yeah I read it, and it doesn't change the fact that Palm has once again failed to QC their phones prior to launch. Fact not fiction.
    You didn't read it. If you had, you wouldn't have claimed that there was only one compatible BT headset which is a ridiculous thing to claim.

Good luck with your class action suit. LOL
  3.    #23  
    I recieved the Plantronics, but unfortunately, it is GOING RIGHT BACK.

Here is what happened. I recieve it. It looks quite nice with all it's little pieces. I think "all these people that complain how hard it is to get this head piece to stay in it's charger must be lazy, or doing something wrong"

I am horribly mistaken. I want to go on record with this "it is a pain in the A@@ to charge this thing. It popped out three times. I lift weights 4 days a week. The third time I literally put all my force (to the point I thought it would break) and it finally stayed

A few hours later I have a charged headset. I put it in and it feels great.

I make my first call and he says I sound faint, but clear.

We talk for 30 minutes and I am really liking the headset. Then I get a CALL WAITING!! This causes my 700p to RESET!!

Huh? yeah that is right. Two tries later and in fact every call waiting is causing a reset. Not cool.

Final verdict on the 640/700p combo: It's a dud.

The verdict is still out on the scala 500 and the Jabra jx10 as they have yet to be delivered.
    Last edited by CellGeek; 08/15/2006 at 09:37 PM.
    The 640, 645 and the Ultralight are wastes of money. They all have the defective charger design. Plantronics fixed it with the new 655 and 665. The lag problem is still there on the new ones though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek
    I recieved the Plantronics, but unfortunately, it is GOING RIGHT BACK.

Here is what happened. I recieve it. It looks quite nice with all it's little pieces. I think "all these people that complain how hard it is to get this head piece to stay in it's charger must be lazy, or doing something wrong"

I am horribly mistaken. I want to go on record with this "it is a pain in the A@@ to charge this thing. It popped out three times. I lift weights 4 days a week. The third time I literally put all my force (to the point I thought it would break) and it finally stayed

A few hours later I have a charged headset. I put it in and it feels great.

I make my first call and he says I sound faint, but clear.

We talk for 30 minutes and I am really liking the headset. Then I get a CALL WAITING!! This causes my 700p to RESET!!

Huh? yeah that is right. Two tries later and in fact every call waiting is causing a reset. Not cool.

Final verdict on the 640/700p combo: It's a dud.

The verdict is still out on the scala 500 and the Jabra jx10 as they have yet to be delivered.
    Ask plantronics for a new one. I have two that don't do this, they charge very easily. One was a replacement for the problem you just cited.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You didn't read it. If you had, you wouldn't have claimed that there was only one compatible BT headset which is a ridiculous thing to claim.

Good luck with your class action suit. LOL
    I did not say there was only ONE compatible headset, read my post again. My post # 17. I stated I am NOT one for class action suits but they cannot put a faulty product out on the market.

" Odd how Palm says the only "comaptible" headset is their own. Sorry but thats BS plain and simple. They work you just can't turn the BT off and then back on without having to soft reset the phone to get pairing to work. I'm not one for class action suits but you can't put put a faulty product and say its not the products fault its your headset when they know darn well it is their products fault. Fix the friggin bluetooth or get out of the phone business Palm."

So where exactly did I say what you commented above.
    Odd how Palm says the only "comaptible" headset is their own.
    You're wrong, yet again. Palm lists MANY headsets that are compatible.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Ask plantronics for a new one. I have two that don't do this, they charge very easily. One was a replacement for the problem you just cited.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am a bit worried about the reset issue, but maybe I will give the plantronics another shot.
    You're wrong, yet again. Palm lists MANY headsets that are compatible.
    Once again you are not following the thread. My comment was clearly linked back to the orginal comment of the other member who said Palm told them the Palm BT headset was the only compatible headset. I have stated the H700 and IHF1000 BT headset and car kit work fine until you turn off and then back on the BT radio. Read it again. Case closed.
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    My comment was clearly linked back to the orginal comment of the other member who said Palm told them the Palm BT headset was the only compatible headset. I have stated the H700 and IHF1000 BT headset and car kit work fine until you turn off and then back on the BT radio.
    Actually, the poster said that a Sprint rep said that a Palm rep told Sprint that there was only one compatible headset, something which I find hard to believe that any Palm rep would say. Sprint, yes....Palm, probably not....but who knows who the ***** was on this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mole
    When I bought my 700p just a week ago the Sprint rep told me ........I was informed that they called Palm and were told the only compatible bluetooth headset for the 700p was the Palm Treo Headset.
    By the way, I don't have the same problem with my JX-10 when I turn BT on and off as you do with either your headset or carkit .....works just fine for me, no soft reset required....
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    JX10 for me too!
    I think it's an ugly little thing, but for now it's the best that I found working.
  12.    #32  
    I have recieved the Scala 500 and find it to be an ok solution thus far. I have only been using it for a few hours, but volume is good. Callers can hear me fairly well. The range seems a bit limited, but not bad for the "Treo"

I have yet to recieve my jx10 but I am hearing that it is one of the best. I would like to know who has used the WEP200 and what they thought of it. From the little i have read, it sounds some are liking the WEP200 even more than the JX10
    If the JX10 does't work out for you (hopefully it does though), give the Discovery 655 a try. Works nicely for me.
  14.    #34  
    Yes the 655 seems like it would be a good solution as well. Thank you for the suggestion. I know you have been using it for a few days now and I am glad that you are still pleased with it.
    Yes the 655 seems like it would be a good solution as well. Thank you for the suggestion. I know you have been using it for a few days now and I am glad that you are still pleased with it.
    My 655 is getting sent back for a refund on Monday. Just isn't up to par with some other headsets. Outgoing sound quality on the 655 was really disappointing given the price. Plantronics did fix two of the major problems with the 645 (earpiece rotates too freely and difficult fit in the charger) but the sound quality just isn't very good. Even with the DSP turned off, the outgoing sound is poor. Incoming was very good.
  16.    #36  
    My 655 is getting sent back for a refund on Monday. Just isn't up to par with some other headsets. Outgoing sound quality on the 655 was really disappointing given the price. Plantronics did fix two of the major problems with the 645 (earpiece rotates too freely and difficult fit in the charger) but the sound quality just isn't very good. Even with the DSP turned off, the outgoing sound is poor. Incoming was very good.

I believe you also have the Wep200. How do you feel it compares to the JX10 and 655?
    I know it lacks DSP, but I don't talk to frequently in loud environments and my car is fairly quiet.
    I have heard it has echo issues but also read it can be easily solved with a piece of tape.
    I have also read elsewhere that it has charging issues that are somewhat similar to those of the 640, but the same has not been reported by users here. Your thoughts?
    I believe you also have the Wep200. How do you feel it compares to the JX10 and 655?
    I know it lacks DSP, but I don't talk to frequently in loud environments and my car is fairly quiet.
    I have heard it has echo issues but also read it can be easily solved with a piece of tape.
    I have also read elsewhere that it has charging issues that are somewhat similar to those of the 640, but the same has not been reported by users here. Your thoughts?
    No problems with charging the WEP200. Just put it in the case and plug it in. Couldn't be simpler. DSP is actually a bad thing and the only thing that I don't like about the JX10. DSP normally digitizes the outgoing audio a lot. The fit of the WEP200 isn't the greatest (subjective) but I'm really liking the performance. Incoming, outgoing and range have been great so far.

If you must have DSP, the JX10 is the way to go. If not, the WEP200 is a great choice. I don't see the 655 being worth using with it's poor outgoing sound quality.
  18.    #38  
    Sounds like a good product. I am going to go ahea and try one. I have always been impressed with the build quality of Samsung products.

I will let everyone know what I think when i get it.

Any good deals on the WEP200?

I think Treocentral is the best price I have seen outside of ebay. With my propensity to return these guys if i don't like them, i am inclined to stay with someone that allows returns.
    Last edited by CellGeek; 08/20/2006 at 01:59 AM.
    how was the jx-10 vs. Web200?
    thanks
  20.    #40  
    I have yet to recieve the jx10

Both the scala 500 and the wep200 are good headsets. I have only spent a few hours with each.

The Wep is a decent fit, not great, but ok. I have not tried the ear loop yet.

The range on the wep200 is best of the bunch so far. Remember this is all in comparing TREO 700p HEADSETS. Treo's in general have fairly poor range in my opinion. That said the wep seems able to get to 15 feet or so without too much static.

The outgoing sound on the Wep is not perfect (my girlfriend complained, but is very picky and only mentioned it upon my request of sound quality.) Incoming sound is loud enough for most environments (this depends in large part on the fit of the headset) with proper fitting it is quite loud.

I have had no problems at all with the Wep charger, I did with the plantronics 640.

The wep is SMALL

(I will give a more lengthy review after I have spent a few days with it.)

The scala 500 is well known. It is a good overall headset. Range is ok (10 feet) Volume is VERY good. Call quality is decent. A good overall headset, with a nice price.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast