Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I made up my mind. I'm buying the 655. It seems like the best choice from what you guys have reported. I guess Palm is stuck with a piece of junk for some time while they come out with a firmware update.

Al
    Get it from TreoCentral so that you can return it.
  2. dhl
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    I made up my mind. I'm buying the 655. It seems like the best choice from what you guys have reported. I guess Palm is stuck with a piece of junk for some time while they come out with a firmware update.

Al

After spending a day using the 655, I can say with confidence that you've made the right choice. The 655 is just much nicer than the 645 which now seems like Plantronics' beta design in comparison.

Function-wise, they're the same. Loud, clear reception on my end. Callers say I sound good on theirs. I had one complaint with the 645 that I sounded underwater - still waiting to hear from that person if this sounds any better.

As far as the slight pick-up delay, yes it's still there. But interestingly, it hasn't been a problem for me with the 655. This is because the 655 actually fits in the charging pocket, so I'm leaving in the pocket between calls. When a call come in, in the time it takes to remove the headset from the pocket (which automatically answers the call) and putting it in my ear, the headset is connected. Works every time. I can see how the delay might be an annoyance if you had the headset in your ear all the time, but when using it with the charging pocket like this, it's not a problem for me.

All in all I think this one is a real winner. Let us know what you think when you get yours.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I have the Treo charging adaptor from my 640. Any idea if it will work with the 655 charging tube?

Also, how is the noise cancelation? My 640 is nearly unusable in a noisy environment, like my car. --Not good!

Thanks to all,

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    What about connection? I have the Plantronics 510 - sound quality to me is awesome, but it keeps dropping the connection on 700p.
    For those who actually have one: does it stay securely in its charging tube? My only complaint about my 640 is that I can't use the tube/clip, because the headset falls out too easily. After a couple of close calls in the bathroom I just decided to keep it in my pocket, instead of clipping it to anything.
  6.    #26  
    Here is a great review by CNET
    http://reviews.cnet.com/Plantronic_D...-32030123.html

And it seems that some of the issues from the 640 has been fixed.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by jbharold View Post
    For those who actually have one: does it stay securely in its charging tube? My only complaint about my 640 is that I can't use the tube/clip, because the headset falls out too easily. After a couple of close calls in the bathroom I just decided to keep it in my pocket, instead of clipping it to anything.
    Yes. The charger problem is fixed. They also fixed the problem with the eargel rotating too easily.
  8.    #28  
    I received my Discovery 655 yesterday and my first impression was "wow this thing is small" I placed it next to my already small Scala 500 and the scala looks huge next to it. So I opened the box and saw a whole bunch of adaptors. Adding to them the Treo charger adapter that I asked free of charge from Plantronics. This all means that I have:
    -An adpter to charge it at home with my Treo adapter
    -A battery adapter to charge it while I'm away from home/office/car
    -A USB adapter/cable to charge it on office PC.
    -An AC adpter to charge it anywhere else. I have so many adapter that I don't think I will ever run out of juice on this headset.

The buttons are all well made and will not be accidentaly pressed while in my pocket or just by toching it like the Cardo Scala 500.

The body seems strong enough to resist falls and normal handling.

Incoming calls quality is Excellent. I have never hear anybody as clear as I'm doing with this headset. I can see the 1 second delay some times which could vary from 0.8 to 2 seconds. It doesn't really bother me and I don't think anybody is going to hung up because of that.

Outgoing calls are very fast and there is no dealy.

The only thing that I have noticed is that I have to speak a bit louder than with my Scala 500 because the other party doesn't hear me well when I don't speak up louder. They do hear me clear though, but a bit lower.

Anybody knows if there is a way to make my headset mic louder?

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 09/06/2006 at 09:57 PM.
    I may get the 655 too. Thanks for the reviews!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    dhl, Treolo,
    Apologies if I missed this, but are you using the Discovery 655 with a Treo 650 or a 700p? If you're using the 700p, does the 655 maintain a connection or does it need to be reconnected every once in a while? This is my main complaint with the Discovery 510. When a call comes in, if I'm not wearing the headset, I have no idea whether it's still paired. If not, it takes several seconds to do so, and then several more to answer the call.

Danke,
    trombs
  11.    #31  
    I have a Treo 700p. I think it has a power save mode which will disconnect from the Treo and reconnect with a single click in 2 seconds. I have not tested it while getting an incoming call, but I'm guessing after answering it only takes a click. I'm going to test that though.

Al
  12.    #32  
    Well, I think it doesn't really disconnect. I have tried to catch my Treo 700p disconnected from the headset and I was able to catch it once in the morning and called myself and hit the headset and answer from the Treo and it reconnected after 2 seconds. I guess disconnection is no longer an issue. Also, I have seen that this headset has a very long range.
    Another thing is that somehow I sound louder than on my first day of testing it. Maybe it was the Treo reception or something.

I highly recommend this headset.

Al
    Al,
    I want to make sure I understand your post. The 655 was disconnected, so you called your Treo, answered on the Treo, clicked the connect button on the 655, and the call transferred 2 seconds later? Compared to the 510, this would be heaven...

trombs
    Did you order from TC? If so, how long did it take before you got it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by trombs View Post
    Al,
    I want to make sure I understand your post. The 655 was disconnected, so you called your Treo, answered on the Treo, clicked the connect button on the 655, and the call transferred 2 seconds later? Compared to the 510, this would be heaven...

trombs
    You could not say it better. Yep, the 655 is really awesome and classy.

Al
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Did you order from TC? If so, how long did it take before you got it?
    No office to TC guys, but I ordered from Amazon.com. It is cheaper and shipping is free and it takes like 5 business days to get it.

Al
    I have this headset coming in tomorrow, so I too will be giving a mini review. Will keep you posted also, and I appreciate all that has been said.
  18.    #38  
    Palm Ultralight recalled by Palm???
    http://forum.treonauts.com/bluetooth...2.html#post573

I guess that says it all who is the winner.

Al
    FYI...$74.99 at newegg.com. Don't think they have a return policy like the TC Store, however.
    Can you return it if you order from Amazon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast