1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've got a 700p and the included sync cable has become very unreliable. Left untouched (though especially if moved), the phone connects and disconnects from my computer all by itself (red light turns on and off, little sound chimes too). It's definitely a problem with my phone, because I borrowed my buddy's cable and it fixed the problem.

I called Sprint and they say that they consider the USB cable an accessory (even though I have the $6/mo insurance) and will not cover it and that I need to call Palm. Palm says to call Sprint.

Does anyone have any way to break this absurd cycle?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    buy a replacement
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    I don't understand your segue between it being a cable issue and a phone issue. If it is the cable, then you need to go get a new one. If the connector on the phone has been damaged it should be covered under your warranty.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennytheshap
    Hi,

I've got a 700p and the included sync cable has become very unreliable. Left untouched (though especially if moved), the phone connects and disconnects from my computer all by itself (red light turns on and off, little sound chimes too). It's definitely a problem with my phone, because I borrowed my buddy's cable and it fixed the problem.

I called Sprint and they say that they consider the USB cable an accessory (even though I have the $6/mo insurance) and will not cover it and that I need to call Palm. Palm says to call Sprint.

Does anyone have any way to break this absurd cycle?

Thanks,
    Ben
    Call up a sprint store, and ask for the Tech. Explain to him you have a defective sync cable and ask if they have any extras from any returned phones that you could have. I know my store usually has a couple hanging around at any given time. If the cable shows signs of abuse though, they probably won't switch it out for you.
  5.    #5  
    Bumble: yeah, I called one last night. they said to come in later this week when a tech is in. Thanks.

For others that were confused: the situation is such that the cable doesn't work (it hasn't been abused). Sprint considers cables to be accessories and to outside of their warranty responsibility, and say to call Palm, who should replace them for free. Palm, who say the cables fall under warranty, defers all tech issues to Sprint. Catch-22.

Anyway, yeah, we'll see.
    I've had a cable replaced, at no cost, by the Sprint store when I went there directly and explained. The tech tested it and immediately replaced it.