Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71
  1.    #1  
    Got my Discovery 655 yesterday and so far I'm a very happy camper. Been using it w/ my 700P and connection has been solid. This is the only other bluetooth headset that stays connected w/ my 700P and doesn't disconnect after a couple of minutes.

    Answering of incoming calls is pretty fast. I'd say it takes about 1.5 seconds which is very fast for me. It also plays a tone in the headset when there's an incoming call. If the headset is in its charing pocket when there's an incoming call, the charging pocket vibrates which is a very nice plus. Sound quality on both ends is clear and volume is good. I can get about 20 ft. w/ some walls in-between my 700P and the 655 before I start getting static.

    Overall, the 655 w/ the 700P is much better than the 640 and even other headsets I have tried.

    So far my list of bluetooth headsets that work very well w/ my 700P:

    Plantronics Discovery 655
    Plantronics Voyager 510 w/ WindStop
    Motorola H700 - Revision B
  2. #2  
    Sounds like the lag is still bad. Plantronics seems to have trouble with that.
  3.    #3  
    Wow, is 1.5 seconds that long?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Wow, is 1.5 seconds that long?
    Sure is. Try using one of the faster BT headsets and you'll see the difference. Also, time how long it takes to manually transfer audio to the headset.
  5.    #5  
    I dunno about you, but I'm not in such a hurry that I worry about 1.5 seconds. Unless it's something like you see in movies where 1.5 seconds means life or death.

    Anyway, which headsets connect instantly?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I dunno about you, but I'm not in such a hurry that I worry about 1.5 seconds. Unless it's something like you see in movies where 1.5 seconds means life or death.

    Anyway, which headsets connect instantly?
    Again, test the lag time to manually transfer audio to the headset.
  7.    #7  
    How do I do the manual transfer?
  8. #8  
    So how does this headset compares with the Palm Ultra light headset (Plantronics 645) I'm thinking about buying the Palm branded headset.

    Al
  9.    #9  
    Don't know how it compares to the Palm Ultralight since I've never used one. All I can say is to try it yourself and see how you like it.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    How do I do the manual transfer?
    ?? Just click the button on the headset to transfer a call from the handset. If the call is already on the headset, just click the icon on the screen to transfer to the handset.
  11.    #11  
    Ah duh.

    I'll get back to you guys on that in a bit.
  12. #12  
    expecting....I decide to take a risk again!!!! I really need a good headset! Or just throw my 650 away~~
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq
    expecting....I decide to take a risk again!!!! I really need a good headset! Or just throw my 650 away~~
    AX2 Pro or JX10. After them, the 655 and the IV835.
  14.    #14  
    Ok 2000 Man, tried manually transferring calls from my 700P to the 655 during a call and when a call was incoming / ringing. Manual transfer was instantaneous.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok 2000 Man, tried manually transferring calls from my 700P to the 655 during a call and when a call was incoming / ringing. Manual transfer was instantaneous.
    When it was ringing? What about when you were on the call?

    3 second delay here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=20
  16.    #16  
    Like I said, I tested it during a call and when a call was incoming / ringing.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Like I said, I tested it during a call and when a call was incoming / ringing.
    And? That wasn't what I asked.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    When it was ringing? What about when you were on the call?

    3 second delay here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...4&postcount=20

    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Like I said, I tested it during a call and when a call was incoming / ringing.
    Like I said, it was instantaneous when it was ringing / call incoming and during a call. Learn to read. Sheesh.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Like I said, it was instantaneous when it was ringing / call incoming and during a call. Learn to read. Sheesh.
    What don't you understand? Do it when you're already on a call. Read and follow directions.
  20.    #20  
    Ummm... Please read carefully. I said I tried it during a call meaning I was already on a call.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions