Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2700p
    Yeah 2000man, I'm with Islndboi. Is the 665 available yet? Have you tested it? How does it differ from the 655? You seem to have an answer or reply to everything else anyone says. So???
    Um, try searching. The differences between the 645, 655 and 665 have been detailed already. Time to let go of your daddy's hand.

As for it being available, I haven't even looked. I would prefer the 655 to the 665.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Ok guys, enough of the jabs at each other. Let's just get back to the technology.

Joe
    kids now days. =X
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    I sae an eBay auction where someone was selling one for $13.

Joe
    Just tell Plantronics that your 640 didn't come with a Treo charger adapter and they'll send you one for free.
    OK so I did a search and I found no "details" on the 665. I even used the link for howardforums and no luck. But I guess because I'm a so called "newb" that I have to search for something that you don't have an answer to. & as far as my daddy: Papa was a rolling stone. everything I have I worked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2700p
    OK so I did a search and I found no "details" on the 665. I even used the link for howardforums and no luck. But I guess because I'm a so called "newb" that I have to search for something that you don't have an answer to. & as far as my daddy: Papa was a rolling stone. everything I have I worked for.
    Keep working. LOL http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...68&postcount=1
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    So basically it's just different accessories, no big deal.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    You wont find any "details" on the 665 because there is no such headset. I dont know what 2000 Man is referring to but the devices they have are the 640, 645, 640E, and 655. I would be interested in seeing details about a 665 as well.
    Learn how to read. You won't look as foolish in the future.

quake, the charging base is also different on the 665.
    Thanks for the link. I found the "details" on the 665. & your right about searching. But I didn't know I had to search the whole World Wide Web to find the answer to a question that was posted on TC. But that's irrelevant. I'm done. You win. Thanks 2000man your the best.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I just got my 655 and so far it's very nice. For the first time, I think, someone couldn't tell I was on a headset. I do agree with the comments about a lag when the audio switches, but it's really quick. It's nothing like my Acura TL where when I answer calls through the HandsFreeLink, I have to wait like three seconds before I say hello. I'll post some more comments when I've used it more.

One thing I already don't like is the mini-USB attachment. I wish it fit in from the side so the base could stand up. I think that would be much cooler. The AC adapter allows for it to stand up though, so it's not so bad.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpWith700W View Post
    Ah-ha! There inlies my problem......my headset does not "click" into place. When I put it in the holder, it just falls right out. If I press really hard, it will make a vibration, but unless the thing is standing upright and I'm REALLY careful not to bump it once I press down on it, it just pops up slightly and does not charge. I think I have a defective unit. I'll have to exchange it. Thank you for your feedback.

Woooo hooooo - I just got my replacement 645, and it's working like a charm. It now "clicks" into the charger and does not need to be propped upright in order to maintain the connection, thus I don't care any longer that it doesn't sit up on end while being plugged in.
    How'd we ever survive before handhelds, PDAs, Smartphones...

THEN...Palm Vx --> Sony Clie PEG-T665C --> Sony Clie TG50 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Treo 700W...NOW
    FWIW .... after reading a BUNCH of BT headeset pro/con messages, I ordered a Plantronics 655 yesterday (and some screen protectors) yesterday from the Treo Central store. Be here tomorrow.
  13.    #53  
    Yes, thumbs up for the 655. Just ordered a second one today.
    wow ... a 2nd one? Spare? or for another person? - and used with the 700p?
  15.    #55  
    It's for another person. Haven't used it with the 700P. Got rid of my 700P long time ago.
    Have used my 655 three times so far - and two of those were tests to call my answering machine at my business (not very popular am I? <grin>)

The first call was to a friend on his cell phone in his home which he admits most of the time has terrible reception. I asked him how I sounded. His reply "terrible". Lot of static and breaking up - but it could have been on his end.

2nd and 3rd time I called my answering machine. Quite a bit of static the 1st time (outdoors in my backyard with no "trains, planes or automobiles" around). The 2nd time was indoors. Still a fair amount of static but a LITTLE better than the 1st.

Phone is a 700p, 655 in my right ear, phone in my right pocket the first time, holding in my right hand the 2nd time.

Not terribly impressed.

Any suggestions/comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    It's for another person. Haven't used it with the 700P. Got rid of my 700P long time ago.
    I'm confused. When you started this topic your 1st post (August of this year), you say you used it with your 700p.

?????
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Got my Discovery 655 yesterday and so far I'm a very happy camper. Been using it w/ my 700P and connection has been solid. This is the only other bluetooth headset that stays connected w/ my 700P and doesn't disconnect after a couple of minutes.

Answering of incoming calls is pretty fast. I'd say it takes about 1.5 seconds which is very fast for me. It also plays a tone in the headset when there's an incoming call. If the headset is in its charing pocket when there's an incoming call, the charging pocket vibrates which is a very nice plus. Sound quality on both ends is clear and volume is good. I can get about 20 ft. w/ some walls in-between my 700P and the 655 before I start getting static.

Overall, the 655 w/ the 700P is much better than the 640 and even other headsets I have tried.

So far my list of bluetooth headsets that work very well w/ my 700P:

Plantronics Discovery 655
    Plantronics Voyager 510 w/ WindStop
    Motorola H700 - Revision B
    Are you still using this headset and if so, do you still like it? I have had bad luck with headsets. Currently I'm using a Motorola HS-850 and it seems to be okay. But I tried the Voyager 510 and it was great for about 2 seconds and then stopped connecting to the 700p. I took it back. Now I'm searching for the ultimate headset.

I see this is a very dated posting, but if you happen to get notified on new postings, I'd love to know if youe're still bullish on the Discovery 655.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    I'm confused. When you started this topic your 1st post (August of this year), you say you used it with your 700p.

?????
    Doh! Yes I did use it with my 700P. Can you tell it's been a long time since and that I really don't care to remember what I did with my 700P?

All I remember about the 700P was that it was very flakey for me. The bluetooth wouldn't work well with any headset I threw at it. Had many various hardware problems with it. I actually went through around six 700Ps until I finally threw it away in disgust (actually sent it back to Palm and exchanged it with the 700WX).

The 700WXs bluetooth is a little better and can actually hold a connection with a couple of my bluetooth headsets. If you're looking for a phone though that works well with bluetooth accessories, I suggest something other than Palm and its Treos. The Samsung IP-830W that I briefly had was very good regarding bluetooth performance and capabilities.
    Sorry for the post ..... I just thot it strange that 4 months ago you used it with your 700p and had good comments ("connection has been solid, sound quality on both ends is clear, etc) Now you don't even remember having or using it with a 700p.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast