Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Got my Discovery 655 yesterday and so far I'm a very happy camper.
    Hi,

I have a question for you regarding the charger.....I just got mine this morning, and am having a heck of a time charging the little thing. When you plug in the charger, it won't stand up, so I had to double-stick tape it down to my desk. Also, do you have to really cram the headset into the charger to get it to connect, or do you just loosely place it in there? When I just set it in there, it doesn't seem like it's making the connection, and I don't see the red light flash. I have to really press it in hard to make it light up.

Thanks!
    How'd we ever survive before handhelds, PDAs, Smartphones...

THEN...Palm Vx --> Sony Clie PEG-T665C --> Sony Clie TG50 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Treo 700W...NOW
    Ummm... Please read carefully. I said I tried it during a call meaning I was already on a call.
    Uh, no. You said that the call hadn't been completed yet as it was still ringing. I tested it and got between 2 and 3 seconds of delay. Same as the Ultralight.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Uh, no. You said that the call hadn't been completed yet as it was still ringing. I tested it and got between 2 and 3 seconds of delay. Same as the Ultralight.
    Where did I say that?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpWith700W
    Hi,

I have a question for you regarding the charger.....I just got mine this morning, and am having a heck of a time charging the little thing. When you plug in the charger, it won't stand up, so I had to double-stick tape it down to my desk. Also, do you have to really cram the headset into the charger to get it to connect, or do you just loosely place it in there? When I just set it in there, it doesn't seem like it's making the connection, and I don't see the red light flash. I have to really press it in hard to make it light up.

Thanks!

What do you mean it won't stand up? If you plug the charger into the bottom of the charging pocket, of course it won't be able to stand. Or are you talking about plugging in the AAA charging adapter to the bottom of the charging pocket, then standing it up?

I don't have to cram my headset into the charging pocket. I just push it in until I hear the click and the single vibration.
  5. nwr
    I just got 655 and it stays connected until you seperated the 655 from the 700p than I could not get it to reconnect. I hit the power button and than my phone reset and it showed fatal exception. Have you seperated 655 from 700p and than did it reconnect without any problem?
  6.    #26  
    Yeah, at night I turn off the 655 and sometimes the 700P's bluetooth. Whenever I turn them both back on, they always automatically reconnect. If it's not working for you, make sure to turn the 700P's bluetooth first and then power on the 655.
  7. nwr
    Thanks. Seems like a lot of needless work to make the headset work.
  8.    #28  
    What's the needless work there? I turn the bluetooth on my 700P off and the headset off at night because I don't like wasting energy and want each of them charged as much as possible when I unplug them from their chargers in the morning.

I don't have a problem turning bluetooth back on in the 700P or turning the headset back on. I only turn each off when I know I won't be using them for at least a couple of hours.
    What do you mean it won't stand up? If you plug the charger into the bottom of the charging pocket, of course it won't be able to stand. Or are you talking about plugging in the AAA charging adapter to the bottom of the charging pocket, then standing it up?

I don't have to cram my headset into the charging pocket. I just push it in until I hear the click and the single vibration.
    Ah-ha! There inlies my problem......my headset does not "click" into place. When I put it in the holder, it just falls right out. If I press really hard, it will make a vibration, but unless the thing is standing upright and I'm REALLY careful not to bump it once I press down on it, it just pops up slightly and does not charge. I think I have a defective unit. I'll have to exchange it. Thank you for your feedback.
    How'd we ever survive before handhelds, PDAs, Smartphones...

THEN...Palm Vx --> Sony Clie PEG-T665C --> Sony Clie TG50 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Treo 700W...NOW
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Does the 655 come with a Treo charger adapter? I know some of the later 640s and 645s did. I'm thinking about the 655 and won't even bother if I can't also charge my Treo. Carrying around two chargers sucks.

Joe
  11.    #31  
    Doesn't come with a Treo charger adapter, but you can get one by calling Plantronics.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    How well does the 655 work outside in some wind? I spend a fair amount of my day outside and so far, only the Plantronics Voyager 510 is OK most of the time. It has other issues (lag time) but is otherwise pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    How well does the 655 work outside in some wind? I spend a fair amount of my day outside and so far, only the Plantronics Voyager 510 is OK most of the time. It has other issues (lag time) but is otherwise pretty good.
    Not well. If you want something that works in the wind, it will need a windsock of some sort. Did you get the 510 with the WindSmart or one of the older ones?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Not well. If you want something that works in the wind, it will need a windsock of some sort. Did you get the 510 with the WindSmart or one of the older ones?
    I got the one with WindSmart. I would be pretty happy with it if it weren't for the delay in connecting.

I have have a JX-10 that I am trying. It is not as consistently clear as the 510 and is not good at all outside in even a light breeze. A friend has a SE HBH-IV835 that I am going to try but I might just have to live with the delay on the 510.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I got the one with WindSmart. I would be pretty happy with it if it weren't for the delay in connecting.

I have have a JX-10 that I am trying. It is not as consistently clear as the 510 and is not good at all outside in even a light breeze. A friend has a SE HBH-IV835 that I am going to try but I might just have to live with the delay on the 510.
    Plantronics always have the delay. It's a "feature" on all of their headsets. They usually work well otherwise.

I didn't find the IV835 any better than the JX10 in the wind, but you might have better luck.
    So the best Plantronics headset for the Treo 700p is the 655, right? or anybody disagrees?

Thanks,

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    So the best Plantronics headset for the Treo 700p is the 655, right? or anybody disagrees?

Thanks,

Al
    The 510 is the best, followed by the 665 and 655.
  18.    #38  
    Is the 665 even available yet?
    Yeah 2000man, I'm with Islndboi. Is the 665 available yet? Have you tested it? How does it differ from the 655? You seem to have an answer or reply to everything else anyone says. So???
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Doesn't come with a Treo charger adapter, but you can get one by calling Plantronics.
    I sae an eBay auction where someone was selling one for $13.

Joe
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast