Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New beta version posted here: http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc

• Put disconnect options back in.
    • Added new Maps button on main screen to provide a simple address, city, state, zip entry form (with data saved between sessions for later) to whichever map type (Google or MapQuest) you've got selected to use.
    • Fixed for no longer getting multi-page business results.

For a list of previous additions in Beta 2, look at the first post in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=121507

IMPORTANT - There is some confusion about the new Maps type feature (where you can select Google Maps). This is not intended to affect directions at all - just MAPS!
    Still no way to get a fix for wildcard search? I noticed there in an option at m.yp.com to broaden search after the results are returned. This option changes the search results to include wild card. Any way to get this implemented into searches from the palm?
  3.    #3  
    I will into it.

Quote Originally Posted by antsh
    Still no way to get a fix for wildcard search? I noticed there in an option at m.yp.com to broaden search after the results are returned. This option changes the search results to include wild card. Any way to get this implemented into searches from the palm?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I'm glad to report that this beta works for my Verizon Treo 700p.

In order to stop the confusion a lot of people have about the mapping type, my suggestion is to add/change the wording of "Mapping Type" in the Preferences. Suggestion is:
    1. On the existing line, change "Mapping Type" to "Maps: Provider/Type"
    2. Add a new line "Directions: Provider/Type" and simply list "MapQuest" as the only choice for now. This will allow you to add new providers in the future.

Just my 2 cents.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    What about getting the other pages in a search with with more than one page in the results? Are there any fixes coming?
    When I open DA it shows the previous query. How about having the business (or residential) name be selected? That way any keystroke could start a new query instead of having to backspace over the old query.
  7.    #7  
    That's what one of today's version's fixes was for. Does it still not work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    What about getting the other pages in a search with with more than one page in the results? Are there any fixes coming?
    Still working 100% here.....Sprint 700p & Sprint 650 CDMA
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Working great on my Sprint CDMA Treo 650.

But, I like the idea about having the prior search text selected so I can easily replace it without backspacing if that's what I need to do.

GREAT app! Thank you!
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Rick, For the first time I got a pop up saying it was getting page 1 and so on, until it downloaded 11 pages. I like this, because before I wouldn't get all the numbers for the area requested.

I see you put the disconnect back, but now it doesn't work for me on my Verizon 650. THAT'S OKAY. It's not a big deal, just letting you know.
  11.    #11  
    It never worked on my 650, in either 1X or "dial-up" mode. Are you saying it used to work on yours? The code I put back in is identical to before, so that's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I see you put the disconnect back, but now it doesn't work for me on my Verizon 650. THAT'S OKAY. It's not a big deal, just letting you know.
    It's funny, I don't think it can be your program. It used to be that I could never disconnect even manually from versamail, but the last month or so after I did your last update before the beta, with the disconnect, I could do it, and DA then disconnected after downloading as checked. Now, after downloading B2 versamail didn't disconnect manually (I'd have to go to the web and disconnect as I have for over a year). Now neither works again. Like I said, this is so minor that I don't care. The program is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlwhitt
    It never worked on my 650, in either 1X or "dial-up" mode. Are you saying it used to work on yours? The code I put back in is identical to before, so that's confusing.
    I've been using the beta for a couple days and so far only one bug: the search/lookup/close buttons appeared twice the right size, but they responded as if they were in the right places, normally-sized. This happened only once and I've been unable to make it happen again. Maybe be a conflict with PalmRevolt.
    Is there a noAir beta version for those of us who are tight on memory? if not... We'll just have to wait for the final release!. Thanks for a great program!
    So far no issues with beta 3 on my Sprint Treo 700p.
    Tks Rick
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  16.    #16  
    Added a new checkbox to business query to activate the Approximate match option. I'm hoping to make this the last beta - let me know any problems ASAP. Thanks!

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA.prc

And the NoAir smaller version:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/Beta/DA_NoAir.prc

Quote Originally Posted by antsh
  17.    #17  
    See the post prior to this one - I've posted a NoAir version of Beta 4.

Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Is there a noAir beta version for those of us who are tight on memory? if not... We'll just have to wait for the final release!. Thanks for a great program!
  18.    #18  
    Have a look at this Beta 4 (posted above). It highlights the first field of a screen on entry, if there is text in it.

If anyone downloaded B4 as soon as I posted it, you'll not see this - I had to repost.

Quote Originally Posted by michael1
    When I open DA it shows the previous query. How about having the business (or residential) name be selected? That way any keystroke could start a new query instead of having to backspace over the old query.
    Working great for me!

Highlighting the 1st field on entry is an outstanding enhancement.

I like the new option, too. Thanks!

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Perfect. Now it's easy to find those obscure places you can't quite remember the name of. Great work!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast