1.    #1  
    Greetings all . . . loving my 700p. I have one thing I would like to get your expertise on . . .

I have my gmail account setup via pop3 on my laptop through MS Outlook 2003, and on the 700p via versamail. I leave a copy of every message on the gmail server, but once my phone retrieves it, my outlook will NOT. When I log into gmail via web interface, it is there, but Outlook assumes it has already been downloaded (which it has to the palm), and so won't download it to the laptop. I want ALL my mail on the laptop, and want to use the phone to check when I'm not near my computer. But all mail eventually needs to go to the lappy.

I don't want to do IMAP b/c I need access to my email when not connected to the net. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarobap
    Greetings all . . . loving my 700p. I have one thing I would like to get your expertise on . . .

I have my gmail account setup via pop3 on my laptop through MS Outlook 2003, and on the 700p via versamail. I leave a copy of every message on the gmail server, but once my phone retrieves it, my outlook will NOT. When I log into gmail via web interface, it is there, but Outlook assumes it has already been downloaded (which it has to the palm), and so won't download it to the laptop. I want ALL my mail on the laptop, and want to use the phone to check when I'm not near my computer. But all mail eventually needs to go to the lappy.

I don't want to do IMAP b/c I need access to my email when not connected to the net. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Try this. "Edit" your pop3 accountscroll to "Rules" then in the bottom right corner click "More Rules", once opened make sure all boxes are UNchecked under "Delete messages from server"
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarobap
    I don't want to do IMAP b/c I need access to my email when not connected to the net.
    IMAP synchronises what's on the server with the local copy so you would still be able to access you locally stored emails when your offline
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk
    IMAP synchronises what's on the server with the local copy so you would still be able to access you locally stored emails when your offline
    gmail doesn't do IMAP..

what i've done is forward my main gmail to another gmail account, and set up the treo to access the 2nd account, and w/versamail, I use my main email as the reply-to addy..

not a very nice solution, but it works..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by word2218
    gmail doesn't do IMAP..

what i've done is forward my main gmail to another gmail account, and set up the treo to access the 2nd account, and w/versamail, I use my main email as the reply-to addy..

not a very nice solution, but it works..
    Dude . . . that fixes everything! Thanks so much! I get to keep my gmail account Thanks for the other responses too.