Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can someone help me
    I just called sprint to get the insurance on my new 700p and they told me that its been over 30 day and I can't get it now !!!!
    I just bought this on june 6th I can't see why they wont warrenty this device I don't want anything to go wrong...
    I told them I thought I said I wanted this when I pruchased this
    please advise
    mark
    Dumb question perhaps, but why didnt you get the insurance when you bought the phone?
    I always thought that you could add it whenever. Thought they might have you bring it in to make sure it was ok but I thought you could always add insurance. Glad I added my from the start.
    Call back. You can add insurance whenever you want, you just have to wait like 21 days before you can file a claim and they will call the phone to make sure it is working order before you add the coverage.
    do you have any other sprint phone lying around? what you can do is call in and do ESN swap to a different phone and add insurance to the account, then next day call in again and swap it back to 700p. Insurance stay on your account regardless of what kind of phone you change it too.

There could be some complication about your add on vision (power vision) on the plan though, may require you to check your account either on line or call and check if you have appropriate data plan after you switch back to 700p. Don't know if it will be worth the hassle to do all that. that's my 2 cents.
    As far as insurance go you only have 30 after you switch phone (either via ESN swap or new line activation) to add your insurance. That's a written policy but sometime some rep will add it for you afterward, maybe just keep calling back and see(may require you to call several time, just say thank you and call back if the rep say ''no we can't add it for you'' and call back)
    Sprint changed their policy on insurance...so you are stuck.

Hopefully you charged is on a credit card and have insurance that way.
    Call this number, directly:

800-584-3666

Lockline is the insurer for Sprint. If (a knowledgeable) rep says it can't be done, then it really can't be done.

I didn't add insurance to my 700p when I ordered it. I tried to add it afterwards, and they made me call the number. They'll call you back to confirm your phone is working with an electronic system. After 21 days, you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Can someone help me
    I just called sprint to get the insurance on my new 700p and they told me that its been over 30 day and I can't get it now !!!!
    I just bought this on june 6th I can't see why they wont warrenty this device I don't want anything to go wrong...
    I told them I thought I said I wanted this when I pruchased this
    please advise
    mark
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie
    Call this number, directly:

800-584-3666

Lockline is the insurer for Sprint. If (a knowledgeable) rep says it can't be done, then it really can't be done.

I didn't add insurance to my 700p when I ordered it. I tried to add it afterwards, and they made me call the number. They'll call you back to confirm your phone is working with an electronic system. After 21 days, you're good to go.
    That is the number I called,
    I guess I could call again in a few day and see what the next person will tell me
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    As far as lock/line goes after 30 days, sprint reps can add the code for insurance all you want. After they add the code to your account, a request is sent to lock/line for coverage, and within 3 days usually it will be rejected and the code will be bumped off because it wasn't added within 30 days of the phone being activated.

There are no exceptions to the rule unfortunately. I bought a phone, and called to add insurance. Then called again a week later to verify it was there. Called a third time just to make sure just about the 23rd day. Both times being told it was there, and wouldn't you know as soon as I looked at my bill, it wasn't and of course this was after the 30 days. It was fun arguing with employee accounts, since I could quote the whole policy of adding insurance to an account, but they still didnít believe I had added it. The only thing that saved me was the third rep that looked at my account could see I called in 3 times during the month and understood I wasnít lying. The only way the were able to give me insurance was to put a note on my account saying if anything ever happened to the phone that Sprint was to credit my account for the cost of a new phone.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    You've got to be kidding me, you buy a brand new phone that is under warranty, then you have to add the ins. right now or you cant have it!
    I guess that is what all of the fraud that has been noted, and asked about on this and other boards has done for us.
    Terry
    30 DAY RULE -nothing you can do as of this point to add insurance.

*BUT there is a workaround. Get a new 'dummy' loaner phone and calla nd do an ESN swap. Wehn you do the swap, add insurance to it.

A day later, call back and ESN swap your treop 700P onto it. Insurance will carry over.
    I have found this to be accurate. The only other way if you dont have insurance is to wait untill you get a glitch in the phone. Since you are still under warranty call sprint not lockline and request a warranty exchange. They may request you to go into a sprint store and have it checked out, dont. Tell them it is a waste of time going int the store just for them to tell you they are going to order a new one. Sprint will then send you a replacement and a return envelope for the old one. Make sure you add insurance as soon as you activate the replacement. Call back later and verify that you have had the insurance activated. This happened to me and when my phone was damaged they (lockline) would not cover it. As it turned out it was a mistake on the part of the sprint rep when transfering phones. the ended up giving me a new 650 (upgrade from the 600) and crediting my account with $300. So anyway moral is keep calling back, ask to speack to a supervisor, keep calling back oh and be sweet and polite to the reps. it has worked for me every time for the last 6 years.

PS Anybody that pays money for such an expensive phone and dosnt get insurance is retarded. Sorry i just dont see it any other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jake
    PS Anybody that pays money for such an expensive phone and dosnt get insurance is retarded. Sorry i just dont see it any other way.
    I have 3 three treos. Me, my wife, And my oldest son. I pay $18.00 a month in insurance to lockline. I have wondered if I should keep it. So call me retarded if you like, but in 2 years we only had one incident. I paid about $400 for 2 years of insurance. Finally when I did need to use it they sent us a re-conditoned treo 650 phone and charged me $50.So that was $450.

I almost could have bought my wife a new 700 p for that or a Black tie 650.
    They got you by by the short hairs....
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Take it to the nearst compusa and they will insure it with no problem you just have to pay up front. 109.00+tax
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMAHNITA
    Take it to the nearst compusa and they will insure it with no problem you just have to pay up front. 109.00+tax
    That's not a bad alternative. I remember when I bought the phone from Sprint, the retentions CSR made it a point to tell me that the insurance had to be activated in 30 days. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have fallen into the same erroneos assumption that things had not changed from the days where you could add it at any time. One would think they would cut older customers a little slack on this.
    One more suggestion... Mobile Pro Tech www.mobileprotech.com their pollicy for up to $600 retail coverage is $105
    i had same issue with my treo, it was over 30 days, contact lockline at the number above and ask to speak with the enrollment department, then they will say since your phone is passed 30 days they do not even have the option to add insurance anymore, tell them that it was never offerred when u purchased the phone and you found out about it with an insert in your bill or from a friend, tell them to send a request to corporate telling them that u werent offerred it and u would like to receive it now.....those are the steps i took and they sent over to corporate and they approved it
    sounds like they're tryin to get more money outta you! lol i am almost sure something will happen to that phone! one way or another! you need that insurance!!
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
  20.    #20  
    I want the insurance that is for sure, But I don't think anyone here is retarded Jake!!
    I thought I was covered and I was not ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast