1.    #1  
    All of a sudden I am getting the message below when I try to HotSync. (It was fine this morning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HotSync operation started for Dennis G. Esler on 08/11/06 16:30:35

HotSync Error: An application cancelled sychronization or failed to respond to a HotSync notification. Please ensure that you are not currently editing data using applications such as Palm OS Desktop or Install Tool. (8009)

HotSync operation completed on 08/11/06 16:30:39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happens with both the cable and Bluetooth. I have restarted the PC and also done a reset on the 650. No new software has been installed, no setting has been changed.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Dennis G. Esler
    I traced my troubles to my cable, and started syncing via bluetooth, but you have already determined it is not the cable or bluetooth and the culprit is one of your softwares. What software do you have?
  3.    #3  
    The only thing that i suspect might be causing an issue is Datebook6. But it's been loaded for weeks with no issues. I have some other misc software loaded, but it's all been on the unit for a long time. I tried changing all the actions to "Do Nothing" except for Install and I loaded a newer version of the Datebook6. The install went fine but when I shanged the sync actiojn back to default, same issue. I also changed evrything to "Do Nothing" and I got no error messages. I think I am going to try changing everything to "Do Nothing" and turning them back on one by one until I get the error.

Update. I turned off all conduits and then turned them back on one by one. If either "Calendar", "Contacts" or "Tasks" were turned on, I got the error message shown in my original posts.

Update 2

I did both a warm and then a hard rest. Same problem when I went to sync. The problem must be with my PC?
    Last edited by scouter075; 08/12/2006 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Addition Testing Done
    Dennis G. Esler
    I couldn't get mine to hotsync on the new cable/dock, so I had to re-install hotsync and bluetooth to get it working/syncing, its not like I want it, but I can live with it.
    How many devices sync with your computer?

l'm not at all sure but, l would start thinking that if all else fails, there is a good possibility that re-installing Palm Desktop will fix the problem.
  7.    #7  
    Just the Treo 650
    Dennis G. Esler
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    l'm not at all sure but, l would start thinking that if all else fails, there is a good possibility that re-installing Palm Desktop will fix the problem.
    That's probably the best option right now.

9.    #9  
    That seems to have done it,

Thanks to all.
    Dennis G. Esler