1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a way to send pictures to someone with a cingular phone. My brother has cingular and he sends me pictures to my sprint treo all the time. But I can't send any back, Its just weird that I can receive but cannot send.

Back when I had the 6700, I had to send picture mail by emailing (phone number)@pm.sprint.com. I thought that I had read somewhere that pitures could be sent to a verizon phone using a similar format. Can picture mail be sent to cingular phones?? Thanks
    hmmm i know with TMobile you can send back and forth except for the sidekick.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBaseball23
    I was wondering if there was a way to send pictures to someone with a cingular phone. My brother has cingular and he sends me pictures to my sprint treo all the time. But I can't send any back, Its just weird that I can receive but cannot send.

Back when I had the 6700, I had to send picture mail by emailing (phone number)@pm.sprint.com. I thought that I had read somewhere that pitures could be sent to a verizon phone using a similar format. Can picture mail be sent to cingular phones?? Thanks
    What happens when you send him a picture? I have Cingular and I also tried Sprint. When I used to send pics from Sprint to Cingular, it would take a very long time for the pic to come through (maybe like 24 hours). I never investigated why, but that's how long it took.
    MMS does not work the same way with Sprint as it does with most carriers. The way Sprint works is through Picture Mail. Meaning Sprint will send the picture as a link to the Picture Mail website. You will need a web capable phone to view it. Same when sending to a Sprint phone. It send the picture to Picture mail and the Sprint phone will connect to the web to view the picture. Sprint needs to stop trying to be different that all the other carriers or atleast when it comes to MMS. Their SMS or text messaging was the same but they changed it to what most use as standard SMS. Hopefully the Picture Mail will change in the future.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    If you have picture mail set up and the person on Cingular has picture mail set up properly you should be able to send a photo with the SMS app. However, if you don't have picture mail you can send & receive picture mail & SMS using the following email addressses.

Email to SMS codes
    AT&T: AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.att.net
    Verizon: AreaCode+Mobile@vtext.com
    Nextel: AreaCode+Mobile@page.nextel.com
    T-Mobile: AreaCode+Mobile@tmomail.com
    Sprint: AreaCode+Mobile@messaging.sprintpcs.com
    Cingular: AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.mycingular.com

Email to MMS Codes
    Verizon MMS: AreaCode+Mobile@vzwpix.com
    Cingular MMS: AreaCode+Mobile@mms.mycingular.com
    Sprint MMS: AreaCode+Mobile@pm.sprint.com
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre