1.    #1  
    Iíve been using Quick News on a trial and I like it but donít like it enough to spend $15 on it. Is there anything similar that is less expensive or free?? Iím not finding anything on my own.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    QN ROCKS!! What don't you like about it?

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    He doesn't like the $15 price tag, and he's asking for alternatives.
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
  4.    #4  
    I like it fine, it just seems pricey. If they were asking $9.99, I would have forked it over with no complaints. But for $14.99, I want to see what else is out there.
  5. 2yd
    I'm no expert in these matters but I am hooked on RSS feeds and Bloglines mobile works for me.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    You can try Avantgo
    https://my.avantgo.com/rss/

However i don't know that it supports as many features as Quicknews especially storing the feeds on the card.

If you try it please let us know how you like it.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input. I used Avantgo a lot on my 600 but then got tired of the ads and stopped using it. Maybe I will try it again on my 700.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    you can also look at this page which talkes about some other options

http://palmtops.about.com/cs/product...p/Palm_RSS.htm
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Honestly, if you don't use QN to download podcast is not worth it. It's the slowest app on my 700p. I had to turn off image display/download its so slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    you can also look at this page which talkes about some other options

http://palmtops.about.com/cs/product...p/Palm_RSS.htm
    EDIT: Not Free. Even More expensive at $20, but I guess since we're looking at alternatives...good to know:

Got this from this site, if you have java, you can install FreeNews. Here's a direct link to the PRC:

http://freerange.no-ip.info/mid/palm/FreeNews.prc
    Last edited by g-funkster; 08/11/2006 at 09:03 PM.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I recently bought QN and find it's really quite robust in what it can do.... the ability to both download, and stream, podcasts is great. FYI, I believe palmgear has 20% off everything for the next few days.... so that would bring the $15 to $12....
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    EDIT: Not Free. Even More expensive at $20, but I guess since we're looking at alternatives...good to know:
    It seems like several of the apps listed on that page are free: Avantgo, FreeNews, NewsMob, Litefeeds, and Feedalot.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Pocket Express is the best I have ever used. The 2.0 version is very good and news, sports and weather are free.
    FreeNews is not free despite the product name (the feeds are free, the product/service is not)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."