1.    #1  
    Can someone shed a light on this one. We all know that the 700 is not capable of playing mp3 as a ringer. However, in camera, you can use an mp3 as background when doing a slideshow. I'm also currently using Palmary Clock and in the alarm settings you can use mp3. Here you have the option to use Ptunes or the Build-in Player. Where is this internal mp3 player and if its built in shouldnt technically be able to use it for ringer?
  2.    #2  
    Ok maybe (not for sure) Palmary clock has a built in player. But what about the slideshow in the camera app.
    I'm sure that palm, could have set up the phone to play MP3's as a ringer w/ no problem, but the service providers want to sell you the ringers (and also charge for the internet connection to down load them). Hence, no MP3 ringer options built in. Sounds kinda like automobile companies and oil companies.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    I'm sure that palm, could have set up the phone to play MP3's as a ringer w/ no problem, but the service providers want to sell you the ringers (and also charge for the internet connection to down load them). Hence, no MP3 ringer options built in. Sounds kinda like automobile companies and oil companies.

soooo true!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler