1.    #1  
    Purchased the Jabra JX10 from TreoCentral after a disappointing experience with the Plantronics 645. The JX10 headset seems to work MUCH better with the Treo 650, which is good news (no more returns!). It is much smaller than I expected it to be, the pictures don't offer any perspective! Weight is nice...

The most important thing at this point was that there was no lag when connecting to the treo. While there is still is a slight lag, it's not nearly as bad as the 645 was, and it connects every time, quickly enough for sure. I followed everyone's advice and put a Jabra ear gel on it instead of the standard ear hook, and it is SO LOUD that way it's not even funny! That is also very important. Outgoing voice quality also seems to be quite good, and the device is very intuitive to use. All buttons are well placed and easily accessible.

Overall I give the JX10 two thumbs up, and look forward to a lot of good use. This is clearly a high quality BT headset. I am sad to have to be returning the Plan. 645 under the 100% money-back guarantee, but I just don't think it is cut out for the Treo 650. I used it on a Motorola phone and it connected in the blink of an eye, but I'm not using a motorola!
    I received mine last week too and I echo (no pun intended) your sentiments towards the headset. It sounds great and for the first time in ages people aren't telling me that our connection sounds terrible or that it sounds like I'm in a tunnel.

On top of that, when I got the package, I immediately feel head over heels in love with it anyways. The packaging is slick and it really is much smaller than I anticipated.

Coupled with the Jabra Eargels, this really is an awesome bluetooth headset....

Nice work Jabra!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Coupled with the Jabra Eargels, this really is an awesome bluetooth headset....
    Just started using the JX10 myself. How do you go about having Jabra send out the free eargel, and how long does it take? I'm interested in trying it.

At first I wasn't too keen on the fit of the earhook, because with the default form it's made for a smaller ear, so it was loose and slightly above the ear canal. That meant I had to turn up the volume so loud there was some distortion. Then I unbent the first curve and rebent it higher to lengthen it. now the speaker is lower and closer to my ear canal. I can turn down the volume and the distortion dissipated. It also feels much more secure.

It would be nice if Jabra packaged the eargel with the JX10 though.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    The ear gels are not free. I purchased the gels from Radio Shack for about 8 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragn017
    jabra jx-10
    i really really tried to get use to it, but i couldn't. the ear bud design it has didn't fit my ear well and i had to use the hook. some people complained about the hook falling off in your pocket, it rarely happened to me, and if it did, it took less than a sec for me to put it back on. you can contact jabra to get ear gels for FREE for the jx10, but i received them after returning the set. the main reason for the return was the outbound audio, i got complaints about not being heard well, something about low volume i think it was
    theswami,
    this is where I saw the reference to the gels being sent free from Jabra.
    I'll send dragn017 a PM.
    Treo 650 on Sprint / Palm Case / 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Card
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I just got a JX10 also. It fits great with an ear gel and connects quickly. Unfortunately, the sound quality is not as good as the Plantronics 510 and the 510 is MUCH better at filtering background noise. I am still looking for something that sounds as good as the 510 without the lag in connecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I just got a JX10 also. It fits great with an ear gel and connects quickly. Unfortunately, the sound quality is not as good as the Plantronics 510 and the 510 is MUCH better at filtering background noise. I am still looking for something that sounds as good as the 510 without the lag in connecting.
    The 510 is a much larger headset though. If you want something small with the same performance, the AX2 Pro is your only choice. The longer the boom, the better the noise reduction.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The 510 is a much larger headset though. If you want something small with the same performance, the AX2 Pro is your only choice. The longer the boom, the better the noise reduction.
    Where do you get an AX2 Pro and what is the cost?
    Where do you get an AX2 Pro and what is the cost?
    They're custom units that cost about $65.
    Quote Originally Posted by azxcpt
    theswami,
    this is where I saw the reference to the gels being sent free from Jabra.
    I'll send dragn017 a PM.
    Ok. Please PM the information to me if you get it. I purchased my gels from Radio Shack for 8 bucks but free is better and extra is better too. The fact is that I basically paid 8 bucks for 1 gel since it is the only one in the pack that fits my ear.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    They're custom units that cost about $65.
    Is the AX2 Pro something you make yourself? Where can I get more info?
    Is the AX2 Pro something you make yourself? Where can I get more info?
    Yes. I found the instructions and pictures on howardforums.
  13.    #13  
    After about 5-6 days with the JX10, I am thoroughly satisfied with this little headset. It really doesn't get much better, unless you get a phone with GOOD bluetooth. Connection is solid, the lag is there but isn't bad (it answers in less than a ring and a half, connects on dialing almost instantly). Plus, the thing is so freakin SMALL and comfortable (with a jabra eargel, which I purchased from radio shack) I couldn't ask for much more. Bottom line: if you're looking for a GOOD bluetooth headset that works well ALL AROUND (for the average user), the JX10 is a great option!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20
    After about 5-6 days with the JX10, I am thoroughly satisfied with this little headset. It really doesn't get much better, unless you get a phone with GOOD bluetooth. Connection is solid, the lag is there but isn't bad (it answers in less than a ring and a half, connects on dialing almost instantly). Plus, the thing is so freakin SMALL and comfortable (with a jabra eargel, which I purchased from radio shack) I couldn't ask for much more. Bottom line: if you're looking for a GOOD bluetooth headset that works well ALL AROUND (for the average user), the JX10 is a great option!
    I agree. The JX10 is easily one of the best all-around in-ear BT headsets.