1.    #1  
    Just got a new Treo 650 about a week ago.

Shocked to find that Blazer doesn't use cache at all. Drives me crazy as each reload could cost me a dime or 2. How can Palm be so stupid?

I read comments here already. Don't want to touch the ROM. Wonder if the new Blazer can be installed outside ROM?

Another thing that I want is to press a button to pop up time and other info. I used ClockPop with my Treo 180. But there's no way to set it up on 650 to work the way I wanted. If I used the phone-off key, then there's no way I can turn off the phone off. If I use other keys, they don't work without the screen being turned on first. Very frustrating.

What about the Side Key and the button above it? Are they really only used for ringer volume only? Seems rather stupid to have such useful keys for such unuseful tasks.

Thanks for suggestions.
    Perhaps Palm aren't so stupid.
    Have you un-ticked the "Clear cache on exit" box ?

KeyguardTime+ will do the same and more than the old ClockPop.

Quite a few apps can be set to use the side keys and button to perform different tasks.

You are correct, it would have been stupid not to use these keys, that's why others have.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    You can also disable downloading graphics if you are so concerned about $$ for your data connection, it will also speed things up. Otherwise you might want to consider the an unlimited data plan. I believe Sprint is the cheapest, but Cingular (what I have) isn't bad at $19.99/month.
  4.    #4  
    I unchecked "Clear cache on exit". Also disabled graphics.

What bothered me is that it downloads cached pages in so many different situations: back button, after closing of a dialog box, switching apps, probably more.

Not only the money I'm paying, it also slows down the browsing experience. The new Blazer seems slower than the one on 180.
  5.    #5  
    I'm in Canada. No cheap unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky
    I unchecked "Clear cache on exit". Also disabled graphics.

What bothered me is that it downloads cached pages in so many different situations: back button, after closing of a dialog box, switching apps, probably more.

Not only the money I'm paying, it also slows down the browsing experience. The new Blazer seems slower than the one on 180.
    Xiino works great for quickly loading pages and being able to open it up and go back and forth without loading the page each time.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Same goes for Mini Opera which is free.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for suggesting Opera Mini. Just tried it. It doesn't do tables. Does't have a reload button. Can't remove the address bar. Can't paste URL from other app. Can't use high res. Probably won't use it.

Used Xiino before. Might be the only choice. Can't believe Palm is so stupid.
  9.    #9  
    KeyGuard works great. Thanks.

Wish it has some more options. I'd like it to have a clean background instead of graying out the current application.
    Opera Mini uses high res on my device... perhaps you haven't found the setting.