1.    #1  
    My TT can stay on if I put it on my cradle while charging. But I didn't find such option in 650 and I have to turn on the screen each time when I need to touch her, even on the cradle.....

Any idea? thx!
    You could manually change the "auto off" preference to "never." Not ideal, obviously, but functional. A desktop accessory like TealPrefs makes it convenient to do manually, without leaving your current app.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, little monkey. But it is inconvenient as I need the "auto off" function when 650 is off cradle while "on forever" on cradle just like my TT.

I don't get it why palm always like to dump its good features...and they should have some survey and do care about customers' real needs.
    Well, you could manually switch auto-off to your ordinary settings when you take the Treo out. Looks like STOIC will do exactly what you're looking for, though, without manual intervention.
    Use Profiles (it is free). You can create profiles to keep it on while plugged in (and many other useful things).
    OnCradleOn too (and free)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Search for Oncradleon in the 700P forum. I attached the file there - it's simple, free, and works on both the 650 and 700. Whenever there is a power charge to the phone, the screen will stay on.
  8.    #8  
    wow, cradleon looks exactly what I want! thanks!!
    U see, this is a clear example that palm forces user to use third party software to increase the risk of instability.
    need a lot of luck