Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I am trying to find the best wired headset for my treo 650. I have used many and none last very long and a lot just sound crappy from day 1. I do not like bluetooth so I want to stick with wired. Cost is not a real issue if it lasts.. I use my phone a LOT. Like 4-5hrs a day every day...

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Edited: <never mind>
    Last edited by santa; 08/14/2006 at 09:28 AM.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    theboom.com - the best by far...the most expensive by far

I've had surprisingly good success with the plantronics mx150
    http://www.buy.com/prod/Plantronics_.../90124280.html

I've been through maybe 15 wired headsets and am very picky about mic quality.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I'll second the kidos for the Plantronics. While I use a JX10 in the car, I use the MX-150 in the house when I don't any transmission problems. I liked my first one so much that I purchased 2 others (1-car, 1-house & 1-home office). YMMV

gottago...
    Very happy with the Shure wired headset. People definitely comment on the improved sound from its MIC.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocked
    Hello All,

I am trying to find the best wired headset for my treo 650. I have used many and none last very long and a lot just sound crappy from day 1. I do not like bluetooth so I want to stick with wired. Cost is not a real issue if it lasts.. I use my phone a LOT. Like 4-5hrs a day every day...

Thank you!
    If cost is not an issue, i can install a 3.5 mm jack in the antenna and then you can use any quality 3.5 mm wired headsets.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Wow the 3.5mm jack you install in the antenna is also for a headset / microphone? I thought it was only an audio out for headphones. I didn't realize it has the ability to work with headset / microphones.
    The boom is hugely expensive. I've no problem paying up since telephone communication is so integral to my work--but the device looks a bit fragile. My phone and such are tools, and I need to be able to throw them in my pocket without fear they'll fall apart. That's not to say I don't take care of them (I don't put anything else in my Treo pocket, and never throw it into the wall or drop it on my desk) but I can't be "babying" it, either.
    i just purchased the boom quiet and i am curious how it will perform/if it is worth the price.

ill post my results